Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to get Pilot Assist to sound an alarm every time it switches itself off? I get an alarm if it's due to the hands-on-the-wheel issue, but not for other reasons (e.g. unclear or non-existent lane markings).

·
165 Posts
Exactly! There is no alert. I keep meaning to write Volvo about this. I can’t believe that aspect made it through the lawyers. There should be a clear audio and visual alert any time it deactivates, in my opinion even when the driver deactivates it. (Sometimes I have inadvertently). I know you’re supposed to have your hands on the wheel and stay in control of the car at all times, but still...

·
Registered
80 Posts
You can tell when it deactivates because the Pilot Assist indicator becomes transparent and dims when it is not active.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Spot on!!!! Absolutely a safety issue! I thought it was just me but noticed when driving down I5 in California after a section of road with faded lines... found myself drifting into other lane and when I looked at dash I saw the 'green' steering wheel was greyed out. NO audible warning!!! Definitely needs to be changed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts