Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took a trip using Interstates and therefore lots of highway driving. I activated the Pilot Assist and noticed that the icons have changed. The only visible icon in the driver display is the steering wheel being held by one hand icon along with the time to the car ahead. I distinctly remember when that icon was different or am I imagining it?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Icon was different — I think it was v1.5 or 1.6 that they chanced it into a single graphic, instead of the older graphic. Oddly, my Polestar 2 which is on the latest v1.7 still has the separate layout. Why they changed it goodness only knows. You should also be aware that the left paddle, right arrow, no longer toggles the pilot assist. You must turn this feature on/off in the settings menu.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I noticed that the arrows, both left and right, on the left paddle no longer do anything at all. That's disappointing. What's the point of having hardware that does nothing? Especially in a car that costs $60k. I'm sure BMW or Benz would never let that happen.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I noticed that the arrows, both left and right, on the left paddle no longer do anything at all. That's disappointing. What's the point of having hardware that does nothing? Especially in a car that costs $60k. I'm sure BMW or Benz would never let that happen.
It is a strange choice, especially when the Polestar 2 still has the ability to toggle between Adaptive Cruise -versus- Pilot Assist, with the right arrow. That said, the left arrow never had any functionality that I’m aware of on the XC40 Recharge, nor the Polestar. They could have made those buttons do the distance control, but these are legacy controls from years of other models. It will be interesting to see if OTA updates change what the buttons do at some future date.

·
Registered
640 Posts
It is a strange choice, especially when the Polestar 2 still has the ability to toggle between Adaptive Cruise -versus- Pilot Assist, with the right arrow. That said, the left arrow never had any functionality that I’m aware of on the XC40 Recharge, nor the Polestar. They could have made those buttons do the distance control, but these are legacy controls from years of other models. It will be interesting to see if OTA updates change what the buttons do at some future date.
In a recent press release Volvo stated those buttons would be utilized in the near future but did not indicate what the functions would be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts