Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Live in Barrie Ontario and noticed the local Petro Canada in this city has high speed charge avail, CCS/max350KW /$0.33/min and found I needed to D/L their App:
Petro-Canada App
So I could apply a method of payment which is scanned by the charge stn. Great App with a map showing all the Petro Canada stn and what charge capability they have and was quite surprised at the amount of Stations they have across Ontario and to Quebec. Looks like they are planning on being a major player in this market.

Here is a good update page on their plans to become part of Canada's Electric Highway.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I Live in Barrie Ontario and noticed the local Petro Canada in this city has high speed charge avail, CCS/max350KW /$0.33/min and found I needed to D/L their App:
Petro-Canada App
So I could apply a method of payment which is scanned by the charge stn. Great App with a map showing all the Petro Canada stn and what charge capability they have and was quite surprised at the amount of Stations they have across Ontario and to Quebec. Looks like they are planning on being a major player in this market.

Here is a good update page on their plans to become part of Canada's Electric Highway.

If you have RBC credit card charging is free unlimited for one year at Petro canada

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just went on a long drive that had me stopping at the Petro-Can station in Coburg. Forgot about the app on the way there, and just tapped my credit card on the machine. Worked fine and they text you a receipt after the session. On the way back I used the app. Both worked fine, but honestly I didn’t like the app. I’ve lost my receipt now because I didn't make an account (I try not to make accounts for things). The app is just using Apple Pay anyway, so might as well just tap the Apple Pay directly.

one benefit of the app was while it was charging I could monitor the progress, but they also text you when charging is done so I’m not sure it’s really a big value.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just went on a long drive that had me stopping at the Petro-Can station in Coburg. Forgot about the app on the way there, and just tapped my credit card on the machine. Worked fine and they text you a receipt after the session. On the way back I used the app. Both worked fine, but honestly I didn’t like the app. I’ve lost my receipt now because I didn't make an account (I try not to make accounts for things). The app is just using Apple Pay anyway, so might as well just tap the Apple Pay directly.

one benefit of the app was while it was charging I could monitor the progress, but they also text you when charging is done so I’m not sure it’s really a big value.
I found the app allowed me a choice of payment since I added my Visa

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I moved the Apple card up I believe it offered me Paypal,l Google pay, Mastercard and Visa and with the route I chose in app from Barrie to Cambridge I noticed Petro Canada Ev stations popped up that weren't shown on my Google map (PC)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts