Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the other day that the passenger-side rear door snags a bit on the triangular trim piece in the upper corner of the door when you open it.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Took the car to Volvo today, and when they started looking into it, their demo car as well as the showroom car has the exakt same issue on that door - but not on the driver side.

They made a report to Volvo and requested information about what to do, but I thought I should ask here - does anyone have a C40 where this doesn't happen?

I seem to recall someone making a post where the whole trim piece fell off because it snagged on the door, but I can't seem to find it now.

· Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
1,129 Posts
I noticed the other day that the passenger-side rear door snags a bit on the triangular trim piece in the upper corner of the door when you open it.

View attachment 5066

Took the car to Volvo today, and when they started looking into it, their demo car as well as the showroom car has the exakt same issue on that door - but not on the driver side.

They made a report to Volvo and requested information about what to do, but I thought I should ask here - does anyone have a C40 where this doesn't happen?

I seem to recall someone making a post where the whole trim piece fell off because it snagged on the door, but I can't seem to find it now.
I recall there being a post on this trim piece. Maybe it's just my eyes, but what would help is zooming in on the trim piece on the passenger and driver side and comparing both pics side by side, so I can have a better understanding on what the "variability" looks like. If the dealer found the issue with the demo model, it sounds like a manufacturing/assembly/fitment defect. I'll check on mine as well.

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tech said the trim can't really be adjusted at all as far as he can see, and the door alignment was already perfect.

The demo car was manufactured last fall and the showroom car was made this August (like my own car), and the problem is on all three of them 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Helpful
Reactions: BigVikC40Dadda

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, I found the original thread discussing it

Exterior trim popped off Apologies for creating a new one.

Seems it can occur on either side of the car 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Helpful
Reactions: BigVikC40Dadda

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They needed to replace the trim and the door rubber to finally fix mine..
Ouch! How much would you say it rubbed / caught to start with?

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not much at all just kind of rubbed. See my video in the other thread
Seems exactly like mine. You can feel it if you hold the hand on the trim.

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So my service tech called me today and asked me to come in and change the trim piece, took maybe 10 minutes and all's well now, doesn't catch in the slightest! :) (y)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts