Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, for the first time upon parking and locking my P8, I received a Google Maps notification on my iPhone showing the location of my parked P8. Since delivery in early July, I've parked/locked many times but this is a first. Maybe an updated feature? Anyone else seen this?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Funny. I used to from time to time get that with my Audi S4. Never did figure out why I sometimes got it and most times not.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Today, for the first time upon parking and locking my P8, I received a Google Maps notification on my iPhone showing the location of my parked P8. Since delivery in early July, I've parked/locked many times but this is a first. Maybe an updated feature? Anyone else seen this?
This might be a feature you turned on/enabled (or just rolled out) to google maps. IIRC, the iOS Maps (native) has had this feature turned on for a long time. Let me google it, and i will edit this post in a moment.

UPDATE: here is a link:

Go to Settings > Maps, then turn off Show Parked Location.

For those curious, the car knows that you parked b/c the Bluetooth connection to a device that is noted as being “a vehicle” is severed. So wherever your GPS showed you being at the time of this BT disconnect is where it assumes your car is/was parked. Not that magical, but it is a nice feature. Clearly Google Maps for iOS offers this feature too.

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This might be a feature you turned on/enabled (or just rolled out) to google maps. IIRC, the iOS Maps (native) has had this feature turned on for a long time. Let me google it, and i will edit this post in a moment.

UPDATE: here is a link:

Go to Settings > Maps, then turn off Show Parked Location.

For those curious, the car knows that you parked b/c the Bluetooth connection to a device that is noted as being “a vehicle” is severed. So wherever your GPS showed you being at the time of this BT disconnect is where it assumes your car is/was parked. Not that magical, but it is a nice feature. Clearly Google Maps for iOS offers this feature too.
Aha. Thanks for the info -- Good to know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts