Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering if there is some intelligence in this setting, so that it would start the heating much earlier, if its say -20C outside?

Another observation is that it takes quite a long while to set these timers, and quite often the process fails as well. Anybody else seeing the same behaviour?

On the positive side, heating is really powerful. I'm amazed how little time is needed to achieve reasonable conditions even in the middle of winter.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just wondering if there is some intelligence in this setting, so that it would start the heating much earlier, if its say -20C outside?

Another observation is that it takes quite a long while to set these timers, and quite often the process fails as well. Anybody else seeing the same behaviour?

On the positive side, heating is really powerful. I'm amazed how little time is needed to achieve reasonable conditions even in the middle of winter.
If you start the car using the Volvo on call app, the system is intelligent enough to look at your current/last setting which it assumes was comfortable for you. It does heat up the seat and steering wheel if your settings call for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to hear, thanks. I wonder what the use case for starting the car remotely might be then?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts