Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. I get these error messages when I try to start parking climate (preconditioning) from the climate page in the car's menu or from the Volvo Cars app: "Parking climate is temporarily unavailable" (car) or "Climate could not be started. Try again in a few minutes" (app). I never tried using parking climate before the 1.7 update because it wasn't needed, but I started trying to use it once it got colder in late October. So, not sure if it's related to 1.7 or if it was always "broken".

Anyone else have this issue? I took it to the dealer and they installed 1.8, which improved a few things that 1.7 messed up, but parking climate still doesn't work. I can hear mechanical noises and sometimes the fan will even turn on for a sec before everything stops and the error message pops up.

Edit: This happens with the car charged to the set limit of 90%, both plugged in and unplugged.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Cheers,
Brent

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hi. I get these error messages when I try to start parking climate (preconditioning) from the climate page in the car's menu or from the Volvo Cars app: "Parking climate is temporarily unavailable" (car) or "Climate could not be started. Try again in a few minutes" (app). I never tried using parking climate before the 1.7 update because it wasn't needed, but I started trying to use it once it got colder in late October. So, not sure if it's related to 1.7 or if it was always "broken".

Anyone else have this issue? I took it to the dealer and they installed 1.8, which improved a few things that 1.7 messed up, but parking climate still doesn't work. I can hear mechanical noises and sometimes the fan will even turn on for a sec before everything stops and the error message pops up.

Edit: This happens with the car charged to the set limit of 90%, both plugged in and unplugged.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Cheers,
Brent
In your post you mentioned the dealer installed an update 1.8? has there been a general release of this update or is it dealer specific update?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tell you what, if someone answers my original question about the parking climate I'll share what looks new in 1.8 😝 BTW there are no release notes, so I can only share what I've seen by poking around.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I tell you what, if someone answers my original question about the parking climate I'll share what looks new in 1.8 😝 BTW there are no release notes, so I can only share what I've seen by poking around.
Climate pre-conditioning using the App has worked well the few times I have used it - have just used the Now function and not Timers on the App.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still curious if anyone else has seen the error message I get with parking climate. Ok, here's what I've noticed in 1.8. Hopefully this rolls out OTA and doesn't require a dealer visit:
  • State of charge reporting in car and app seem accurate now. With 1.7 the car, the app, and Google maps all reported different SOC. For example, the car might say 72% but Google maps would say I'd be at 85% when I arrived at a nearby destination.
  • Car charges to charge limit. 1.7 would over or under report SOC, e.g., if charge limit was set to 90% it say "finished charging" at 72% or maybe 97%. Probably just a reporting issue, but not confidence-inspiring.
  • ETA to reach charge limit seems accurate. With 1.7 every 5-10 minutes the estimate would change, and it was always many hours longer than it should have been to hit 90%.
  • The horrible lag 1.7 introduced into Google Assistant/voice commands seems to be fixed.
  • Charging Schedule screen. Haven't tried it, but I don't think that was available in 1.7.
  • obviously didn't fix my parking climate issue

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
  • The horrible lag 1.7 introduced into Google Assistant/voice commands seems to be fixed.
I find since 1.7 the car reboots or resets AAOS when asleep at times and the tip-off to me is when I start the car I get the location pin symbol in the drivers cluster and Google assistant is useless first few minutes. I am still not sure if locking car in garage is making things better or worse.

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
181 Posts
Sorry, I've not seen any error message using PC. I've used it probably a dozen times and the timer a few times. So far so good.

·
Registered
105 Posts
what app version are you using on your phone, mine is an android and is 5.6.0 about a month ago I contacted Volvo in Australia as it wasnt connecting most of the time, they said they were looking at it and about a week later it has been working well since then.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
236 Posts
what app version are you using on your phone, mine is an android and is 5.6.0 about a month ago I contacted Volvo in Australia as it wasnt connecting most of the time, they said they were looking at it and about a week later it has been working well since then.
Funny you should mention it - our Android phones in AUS are working pretty well with app the past several days!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts