Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, our XC40 parking brake is stuck on. I was thinking of maybe disconnecting battery to reboot but thought not after looking at the terminal and seeing all the crap hooked up. Thought of pulling a fuse but book says let the shop do it. Are we gonna have to tow it to the shop!! thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would have Volvo Roadside Assistance tow it free. Just gotta make sure a dealership is open... many are still closed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It may be that the rear brake pads have stuck onto the rotors - can happen if the car isn't used for a while and the rotors get damp or wet. If so, disconnecting the battery will not help but roadside assistance should be able to free the pads just by tapping them to break the seal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for the replies. Yeah towed to Volvo dealer, they did some updates and as of now they still haven't got the brakes to release...weird!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey thanks for the replies. Yeah towed to Volvo dealer, they did some updates and as of now they still haven't got the brakes to release...weird!
Keep us posted please. It happened to me one time where the "P" button failed to release the parking brake (after parking on a hill and an automatic engagement of the brake) but when I just apply the accelerator with the brake engage, the brake soon enough disengaged.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got car back from dealer, said could not duplicate brake issue and no OBD codes...great

1 - 6 of 6 Posts