Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my wife's XC40. On the drive home (2hrs away) when coming to a stop, received my first Parking Assist Temporarily Disabled. Soon after, received the Start/Stop maintenance message. Dealer said software update performed prior to delivery, might require reset. Reset performed, did not resolve. Disconnected negative terminal connection waited an hour....same. Need to head back to dealer after holidays. Wife's Christmas present would like messages gone for good, anyone experience this before? Possible fix?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Took delivery of my wife's XC40. On the drive home (2hrs away) when coming to a stop, received my first Parking Assist Temporarily Disabled. Soon after, received the Start/Stop maintenance message. Dealer said software update performed prior to delivery, might require reset. Reset performed, did not resolve. Disconnected negative terminal connection waited an hour....same. Need to head back to dealer after holidays. Wife's Christmas present would like messages gone for good, anyone experience this before? Possible fix?
Hello!
Did you find solution? It happens to me the same situation on V60 D4 2019

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys

I’ve had my xc40 T4 since June 2019. One year ago I started having issues with start/stop function, battery changed but problem persisted. Lately I get park assist temp unavailable at the same time as start/stop service required.

i drive every day, short and long drives. Volve dealer tells me I don’t drive enough to charge the start/stop battery, but I know I do. Park assist system reset by garage guys.

i believe it’s a electrical wire somewhere that is tripping something. Someone wrote about software issue? How can I get a French car dealer to listen for me??

thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Support battery replaced in my S60 2020, fault code dissapeared for 1 week and now it’s back again.
I also got a S60 2020 and Volvo replaced the support battery when the S/S fault code togheter with PAS unavaiable started to pop up, so got the car back and fault codes appeared once or twice in a couple of days and then dissapeared. But then after aprox 1 week later it started to showing the same fault codes AGAIN and Volvos tech guys had no explanation. I dissconnected the support battery for a couple of days, after I then conencted it back i haven’t had the fault code now for 1 month. Really dont get the logic with the fault codes, it has to be something strange with the BMS (Battery Monitoring System)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also got a S60 2020 and Volvo replaced the support battery when the S/S fault code togheter with PAS unavaiable started to pop up, so got the car back and fault codes appeared once or twice in a couple of days and then dissapeared. But then after aprox 1 week later it started to showing the same fault codes AGAIN and Volvos tech guys had no explanation. I dissconnected the support battery for a couple of days, after I then conencted it back i haven’t had the fault code now for 1 month. Really dont get the logic with the fault codes, it has to be something strange with the BMS (Battery Monitoring System)
That’s interesting… kind of a reset then?

I did some troubleshooting today, noticed that the park assist system started working at 50km/h and deactivated itself at 10km/h… then I accelerated up above 50km/h and warning disappeared again…

The start/stop still not working.

And why does this warning message come up, when it’s only about a battery charge? To me, this annunciation light must mean there’s a tech problem around, not that the aux battery is not charged? The Start/stop either Engadget or not when stopped, depending on battery level. Not that the annunciation lights comes up?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
That’s interesting… kind of a reset then?

I did some troubleshooting today, noticed that the park assist system started working at 50km/h and deactivated itself at 10km/h… then I accelerated up above 50km/h and warning disappeared again…

The start/stop still not working.

And why does this warning message come up, when it’s only about a battery charge? To me, this annunciation light must mean there’s a tech problem around, not that the aux battery is not charged? The Start/stop either Engadget or not when stopped, depending on battery level. Not that the annunciation lights comes up?

Any thoughts?
Really dont believe its a battery issue, my fault code for S/S first time appeared after i picked up the car from service (oil, filters, software update etc). And i also noticed that the ”fault” appeared more frequently when temp outside dropped below -5c.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Really dont believe its a battery issue, my fault code for S/S first time appeared after i picked up the car from service (oil, filters, software update etc). And i also noticed that the ”fault” appeared more frequently when temp outside dropped below -5c.
Och du kan förmodligen svenska? Jag ryckte en hel i dem 2 kablarna som går in i BMS’en. Jag försökte få loss den övre som mäter supportbatteri spänning för att ”resetta” mätmodulen. Vet egentligen inte vrf det nu inte dykt upp nåt felmeddelande på 1 månad🤷

·
Registered
1 Posts
Och du kan förmodligen svenska? Jag ryckte en hel i dem 2 kablarna som går in i BMS’en. Jag försökte få loss den övre som mäter supportbatteri spänning för att ”resetta” mätmodulen. Vet egentligen inte vrf det nu inte dykt upp nåt felmeddelande på 1 månad🤷
Haha hur visste du det?!

Jag är så oerhört trött på teknikerna som bara hänvisar till att jag inte kör tillräckligt mycket...

Undrar om inte det är så att alternatorn inte laddar korrekt, Eller att support-battery inte fungerar. Eller något annat trams.

Jag har bokat tid på tis kl 14 hos volvo igen, för att be dem att kolla på detta igen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts