Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge P8
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knowing that I won't be buying an AT&T data plan for the car, am I able to pair my Bluetooth MP3 player, & thus have it play MY tunes through the
car sound system ? If that can be done successfully, then I would want to charge the MP3 player constantly, using one of the USB type C
charging ports. It would also be very cool to have a Bluetooth connected MP3 player that charges from the 12 volt socket - but maybe I'm dreaming.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Knowing that I won't be buying an AT&T data plan for the car, am I able to pair my Bluetooth MP3 player, & thus have it play MY tunes through the
car sound system ? If that can be done successfully, then I would want to charge the MP3 player constantly, using one of the USB type C
charging ports. It would also be very cool to have a Bluetooth connected MP3 player that charges from the 12 volt socket - but maybe I'm dreaming.
This is covered extensively in the Infotainment thread. The short answer is that the USB-C port doesn't work for input at this time even though my salesman, Volvo Consumer Support, and an online review all said it does. It probably will in the future, but that's just a guess. You can play via bluetooth from a phone or iPad, but I bought an mp3 player with bluetooth and the car wouldn't pair with it. You also cannot download Pandora to the car but you can download it to your Android phone and play that via bluetooth. I ended up buying Poweramp and creating playlists to get my music in. It was a royal pain.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts