Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in the car it was at 88%. Drove 3.2 miles to the gym up hill. Did the exercise thing. Drove home and my charge was 88% …

Spouse(2) is driving further tomorrow I am wondering if it will work properly

Maybe driving up a hill then coming down it is the recharge regeneration dream? I need to find a mountain with a charge station at the base to try it :)

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
187 Posts
Got in the car it was at 88%. Drove 3.2 miles to the gym up hill. Did the exercise thing. Drove home and my charge was 88% …

Maybe driving up a hill then coming down it is the recharge regeneration dream? I need to find a mountain with a charge station at the base to try it :)
Disregard this response, I was thinking of your VOC app.

Maybe your SOC isn't working, try resetting your modem.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything is working. Voc agreed in the number. I am going with the it was at 88.99 and I got really good regen and ended up at 88.01 :)

Reactions: 340driver

·
Registered
2021 Crystal White XC40 Recharge Pure Electric P8
16 Posts

I don’t think you have an issue. My experience has been & I live on a mountain. I have a charge of 90% when I leave home and go down to the city (about 15 miles) and I typically average a gain of 3% to 93%. However, the return trip up the hill will use 20%.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t think you have an issue. My experience has been & I live on a mountain. I have a charge of 90% when I leave home and go down to the city (about 15 miles) and I typically average a gain of 3% to 93%. However, the return trip up the hill will use 20%.
Nice info. How nifty is it that our cars can gain energy whilst being in motion. I loved driving through mountains recently. All the down sections with the regen bar deeply in regen :)

Reactions: pobarick
1 - 5 of 5 Posts