Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice or get irritated by the way the infotainment screen senses your finger over an inch from the screen leading to double pushing or accidental pushing of buttons and letters.

The behavior seems inconsistent.

I wonder if it is a me issue ( sometimes electronics fail to notice me ).

Curious.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's annoying for sure. I keep my work credentials hanging from a lanyard on my rearview when I drive and when they sway and get close to the screen it responds to the plastic touching it.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting so it happens to inert objects as well.

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
226 Posts
Anyone else notice or get irritated by the way the infotainment screen senses your finger over an inch from the screen leading to double pushing or accidental pushing of buttons and letters.
I’ve found the Google keyboard to be especially annoying. I have to quickly poke the key otherwise I get all the alternative characters. There’s no way to adjust the touch sensitivity.

Same annoying behavior adjusting the climate control temperature. At times I want to adjust a couple of degrees and get into a loop of going from HI to LO. So I wind up using Google Assistant to set temperature.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
256 Posts
I’ve found the Google keyboard to be especially annoying. I have to quickly poke the key otherwise I get all the alternative characters. There’s no way to adjust the touch sensitivity.

Same annoying behavior adjusting the climate control temperature. At times I want to adjust a couple of degrees and get into a loop of going from HI to LO. So I wind up using Google Assistant to set temperature.
That's odd, makes me wonder if the touchscreen calibration is wonky. I have no problems of this nature, myself.

·
Registered
95 Posts
That's odd, makes me wonder if the touchscreen calibration is wonky. I have no problems of this nature, myself.
I haven't had these issues, either, although sometimes the screen seems rather unresponsive, especially when I just get in and am trying to adjust the AC. Does anyone know where I can find a list of Android Auto commands? I'm not even sure what to tell Google to do various things.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I believe I experienced this once while playing around with the XC40 settings after bringing it home. I have also experienced this with my older 2018 XC90 which has different software than the new google OS. Probably related to the Volvo screen hardware. In terms of it being annoying or not depends on if it registered the wrong key as sometimes it seems like the car "reading your mind" before you even touch the screen. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts