Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're just evaluating vehicles to replace our Jaguar XE and really like the XC40. We've owned Volvos in the past (122S, 264 and 240) and have had excellent luck with them. In talking with the dealer he mentioned the Overseas delivery Program, which sounded interesting. $2500 of MSRP, round trip tickets, 15 days of insurance for driving around Europe (we've lived in Europe, so we have places we would enjoy seeing again) then free shipment to the States.

Has anyone used this program, and if so please let me know what you thought of it and any suggestions for do's and dont's.

Stan

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is a great program and the experience of a lifetime. For an XC40, you will need to wait for MY20, as MY19 has been sold out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's really not a problem, as we still have almost a year remaining on our Jaguar lease.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's a great opportunity that more people should really consider, especially if you rarely get to travel out of the country. Didn't realize it also came with a cut to the MSRP.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We're just evaluating vehicles to replace our Jaguar XE and really like the XC40. We've owned Volvos in the past (122S, 264 and 240) and have had excellent luck with them. In talking with the dealer he mentioned the Overseas delivery Program, which sounded interesting. $2500 of MSRP, round trip tickets, 15 days of insurance for driving around Europe (we've lived in Europe, so we have places we would enjoy seeing again) then free shipment to the States.

Has anyone used this program, and if so please let me know what you thought of it and any suggestions for do's and dont's.

Stan
we loved our OSD trip. We went in dec 2018. The whole trip was memorable. Volvo took great care of us and we definitely recommend going!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just this past August (2018) I went to Denmark and Sweden through Volvo's OSD program. It was AWESOME! Picking up my new Volvo XC40 Inscription at the Gothenburg Factory Center was a great experience from start to finish. The travel accommodations were impressive (ie: use of the SAS lounge, expedited security clearance, etc.) . If you are going to purchase a new Volvo and don't need to replace your current car immediately, you can't go wrong with this program. There was another couple taking delivery of their car on the same day--they were on their 3rd OSD trip!
Highly recommend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts