Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
226 Posts
Does anyone know when OTA updates will be active in the US?
It’s a Volvo trade secret …

There is no set date for enabling OTA other than a vague “summer 2021”. There is some speculation that Volvo is throttling the rollout of OTA to better control it, to deal with problems and to avoid overwhelming its servers. My impression is that Volvo will not follow the Tesla model for OTA. — frequent and unannounced. Volvo will have fewer updates, which may mean larger files and longer install times. Volvo may also not updates some modules via OTA and still require these updates to be done in workshops. But, again, this is just rumor and speculation.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It’s a Volvo trade secret …

There is no set date for enabling OTA other than a vague “summer 2021”. There is some speculation that Volvo is throttling the rollout of OTA to better control it, to deal with problems and to avoid overwhelming its servers. My impression is that Volvo will not follow the Tesla model for OTA. — frequent and unannounced. Volvo will have fewer updates, which may mean larger files and longer install times. Volvo may also not updates some modules via OTA and still require these updates to be done in workshops. But, again, this is just rumor and speculation.
If this is just rumor and speculation, then why spread it further? I'd like some straight fact-based update on this topic already...

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
226 Posts
If this is just rumor and speculation, then why spread it further? I'd like some straight fact-based update on this topic already...
Here’s about as straight fact based response as you’ll get from Volvo.

The moderator for the Volvo Recharge Owners Connect site gave the following response to a question about when OTA will be available:
”From what I have been told they will be posting some videos addressing issues to this community. Should be easily viewable for all members.”

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here’s about as straight fact based response as you’ll get from Volvo.

The moderator for the Volvo Recharge Owners Connect site gave the following response to a question about when OTA will be available:
”From what I have been told they will be posting some videos addressing issues to this community. Should be easily viewable for all members.”
I've been working with a rep on my On Call update and I went ahead and asked and she replied with: "I've been told the OTA is expected in the fall."

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
If you get an invite DO NOT say you do not want them to use your information for marketing purposes. If you do you are kicked out of the sign up and all the links stop working.

This is from first hand experience :( on researching the site it is a “we are a edgy marketing company” ( their words ) website. They seem to be affiliated with Volvo but they are not Volvo. We are helping them do their marketing. But if it gets Volvo to listen or Volvo throws them information itworth it.

If it had let me change my answer I would of joined :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts