Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an email from volvo that there is now an OTA update that includes things like range assistant and SiriusXM. Unfortunately it doesn't mention the version number, does anyone know what it might be ?

The email mentions that the car wont update unless it's over 40% charge, unplugged, and locked. However, mine has been plugged in and unlocked in my garage for days and when I check of software updates, it says it's up to date. My version shows 1.7, can anyone confirm this is the latest update ?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I just got an email from volvo that there is now an OTA update that includes things like range assistant and SiriusXM. Unfortunately it doesn't mention the version number, does anyone know what it might be ?

The email mentions that the car wont update unless it's over 40% charge, unplugged, and locked. However, mine has been plugged in and unlocked in my garage for days and when I check of software updates, it says it's up to date. My version shows 1.7, can anyone confirm this is the latest update ?
1.7 is the latest as far as I know. It gives the range optimizer and SiriusXM.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
224 Posts

When you look on the software screen, you only have V1.7 (the “new” OTA update) if under the words “Software up to date” it says “Version 1.7”. The version number wording below th up to date wording is new for V1.7. Prior to that, there was no wording (in fact nothing really to easily tell you what version your car has).

·
Registered
2,146 Posts

Congrats on update.

A question did you recently get a update at a dealership?

In theory your can should not of updated itself while sitting in the garage.
1. You have to be driving to download
2. You have to say yes to the update
3. It locks the doors
4. If the car is charging whilst it updates it seems from reports that their is a high chance of it failing.

I would suggest that you always leave your car locked. Not for theft but because be locked might change some of its self rebooting behaviors and maybe the depletion of the 12 volt.

Cheers

·
Registered
86 Posts
I got my update through the Sandberg Volvo dealership. It took about 2 hours and they also told me that there were 2 recalls on the vehicle which also got fixed/checked. Besides the range optimizer and the Sirius app, it looks like the Pilot Assist control is now back on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I got my update through the Sandberg Volvo dealership. It took about 2 hours and they also told me that there were 2 recalls on the vehicle which also got fixed/checked. Besides the range optimizer and the Sirius app, it looks like the Pilot Assist control is now back on the steering wheel.
Wow - so you now have 1.7 update and pilot assist is back on the wheel? That is good news. Will have to check that out later today. Interesting that they did not mention that in the update notes.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Did a test today - Steering (Pilot) Assist is still on the centre console menu and not on the left hand steering wheel control - had not used it in a while - and I find now (after 1.7 update) that it is less sensitive and does not give the message apply steering very quickly any more - and when it does I just give the steering wheel a gentle squeeze and the message disappears and steering assist continues - one does have to keep your hand/hands on the wheel even while steering assist is engaged which makes sense since it is not an Auto - Pilot.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I am installing 1.7 now. I got a notice while driving that the update was available so I accepted that. A few hours later when I got back in the car i got another notice saying that the update was now available to install with over 40% charge, unplugged, and locked. After I downloaded but before I installed it, my center display said that i was already running 1.7 buy I don't think that was true. Yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Mine says 1.7 as well and I thought that’s the latest version but nothing seems to have been updated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts