Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed two things in the driving experience.
1. Opd max deceleration is about 15-25% less than before. I first noticed this coming up to a light. I did a full opd release which would of perfectly stoped me at the line pre ota and realized rapidly it was going to over shoot. I did a few more tests after that and the opd is a lot softer now. Spouse(2) independently noticed it when they were driving today. They love the change. I dislike the change. But it is what it is. Would be lovely to have 3 settings. Light medium and max. Max would cap opd decel at the maximum possible regenerative breaking. But not a big deal. Brain Will re calibrate.

2. Stopping deployment of the rear breaks. It feels like the parking breaks are not deploying on every stop the way it did before. When you completely opd off at a light younised to feel the parking breaks clamp down. When you re start there is not that shhhdeeplop sound that was the parking break withdrawing. This makes the commencement of moving to be even smoother.
This is a definite win.

I have yet to test (2) on a steep hill to see if the parking break ever deploys.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
224 Posts
Interesting about the OPD brake (not breaks please! :) Sorry to be a grammar nanny!) changes. We just had a test drive of a 2022 car and hoping to pick up our car soon. We loved the feel of the OPD, but I assume ours and the one we test drove would have the latest update...maybe? Hmm!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am actually dyslexic :p but I catch words I know I am Ding up. Some words like braking I rarely use hence the miss spell. You are not the first on here to correct them and I do not take offense.

Joke starts
Mutters pulls out note pad adds Greg S name to THE list
Joke ends

Wait your an Aussie, I apologize you get sarcasm so no need to spell out the humor :)

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
224 Posts
I am actually dyslexic :p but I catch words I know I am Ding up. Some words like braking I rarely use hence the miss spell. You are not the first on here to correct them and I do not take offense.

Joke starts
Mutters pulls out note pad adds Greg S name to THE list
Joke ends

Wait your an Aussie, I apologize you get sarcasm so no need to spell out the humor :)
Haha OK got it. As they say here “no worries mate” (I’m originally a “US American” LOL so I never say that really). However I’ve been associated with Aussies since 1996 and lived here since 1999, and I was unusually sarcastic for an American, so I fit right in here. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts