Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone in the US ordered a Volvo from the website versus just waiting for an option you like to pop up? Per them it will take “up to five months”. Just curious if this in fact accurate. I want a ultimate in blue or gray which doesn’t seem to come up that often

·
Registered
317 Posts
You may have to check the website regularly, but they will/do pop up. You have to be ready to jump on them as soon as you see them. I was literally checking every morning.

·
Registered
Waiting for Denim Blue Ultimate | Ordered 12/15/21
3 Posts
I ordered a Denim Blue Ultimate online from the Volvo site in early December. Dealer said lead time is about 4 months. I expect it could be longer. Order tracking says it's preparing for production.

·
Registered
2015 X1, 2017 BRZ
349 Posts
I ordered in early December. This is what the VCC rep told me:

Typically, it can take up to 4 to 5 months from the date of order until delivery. However, I have seen a number of customers receive their XC40s in less time than that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did the custom order from the website the week of Thanksgiving, but then continued to stalk the inventory that popped up. When one showed up in inventory with the only difference being the 20in tires I reached out to my dealer and snapped that one up online. I was told from the start that if my specs became available before my original order was produced it would automatically be allocated to me but it had to be exact-even just the tire difference wouldn’t have triggered allocation so that’s mainly why I kept checking inventory because that’s such a minor difference. The dealership is keeping my original order open (there has been no movement beyond in line for production), they’ll credit me the deposit & keep that vehicle for their lot. I’m now expecting the inventory car to arrive between Jan. 10-24th which I think is long before my custom order would be arriving.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
The 20 inch wheels usually are on the Ultimate and the Plus has 19 inch wheels. Are you getting a Plus or U,Tim ate and what did you order?

·
Registered
2015 X1, 2017 BRZ
349 Posts
The 20 inch wheels usually are on the Ultimate and the Plus has 19 inch wheels. Are you getting a Plus or U,Tim ate and what did you order?
Most of the Plus models I've seen in the allocation pool have the 20" wheel option.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just out of curiosity, I've been checking availability around the country by plugging different zip codes into the volvocars.com website, and I've noticed there's an option to build the car only if the dealer's in a region where there are no cars with upcoming availability listed. Otherwise, they just show you the few cars in the pipeline for the region, with no option to build or order one. So apparently the only way to get in line is through a dealer. I'm planning to visit one soon to place an order, since I want an Ultimate and I've never seen one listed for my region (Portland, OR).

I was hoping for a referral through the Costco Auto Program, but the XC40 Recharge isn't available through them, no surprise. While I wasn't expecting a discount, when I've used the Costco program before, it's been a low-stress, no-BS transaction, and I was hoping for the same. But I suppose with MSRP pricing, there really won't be any negotiations anyway.

We have 2 dealers here, Jim Fisher and Herzog-Meier. Any recommendations for or against either?

·
Registered
Waiting for Denim Blue Ultimate | Ordered 12/15/21
3 Posts
You can go to the Volvo website and click the Menu option in the upper right, then choose the Build Your Volvo option. You can configure your build, then you choose a dealer near you. That's what I did after visiting the dealer to check out their demo car and test drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, I ordered a glacier silver plus, standard wheels with climate package. I grabbed a glacier plus with climate & optional 20in wheels when it popped up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
has anyone in the US ordered a Volvo from the website versus just waiting for an option you like to pop up? Per them it will take “up to five months”. Just curious if this in fact accurate. I want a ultimate in blue or gray which doesn’t seem to come up that often
I ordered an ultimate in sage green via the website on Christmas Eve. I still don't have confirmation it's in the production queue. I was told by the dealer it can take ~ 5 months.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Have the 20" wheels and they look great but apparently they knock a few km's off your range if that is an issue

·
Registered
2015 X1, 2017 BRZ
349 Posts
I ordered an ultimate in sage green via the website on Christmas Eve. I still don't have confirmation it's in the production queue. I was told by the dealer it can take ~ 5 months.
Did you get a confirmation email? You should have received an initial email with a tracking link, then a follow-up email later from Volvo Customer Care for final approval. If you didn't get the final approval email, contact VCC at [email protected].

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you get a confirmation email? You should have received an initial email with a tracking link, then a follow-up email later from Volvo Customer Care for final approval. If you didn't get the final approval email, contact VCC at [email protected].
Yes, have the tracker and got an email when the order was confirmed. I assume the same will happen when it gets a spot in production. Was surprised it took a week to get my order confirmed. Appreciate the email contact and will use it. Thx.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can go to the Volvo website and click the Menu option in the upper right, then choose the Build Your Volvo option. You can configure your build, then you choose a dealer near you. That's what I did after visiting the dealer to check out their demo car and test drive.
Thanks for suggesting this! I'd been planning to visit the dealer to place the order, but realized there was no good reason to delay getting my place in the queue any longer, so I went ahead and put my order in online. I will visit the dealer to (hopefully) test drive the car and get a few questions answered.

By the way, I ordered an Ultimate, Thunder Gray, with mud flaps and heated steering wheel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks all. Put my order in today. I’m hoping to test drive the Q4 if it ever comes out (mache e too) but If not I’ve got a solid backup

·
Registered
2015 X1, 2017 BRZ
349 Posts
Mach-E looks like a good car, but I want a little more ground clearance. I traded in my GTI after it got stuck in snow on my driveway. Happened the first winter after we moved to our current house - coming up from the road is about 250 yards uphill.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts