Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped by the Volvo dealership today and enquired about the delivery date. I ordered the Plus on July 2nd and was given a March delivery estimate. Today I was told that it will be built in November and delivered to Winnipeg Canada in Jan or Feb. With everything else being back ordered these days I thought the March delivery would be pushed to late spring.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Ultimate, Sage Green
231 Posts
I dropped by the Volvo dealership today and enquired about the delivery date. I ordered the Plus on July 2nd and was given a March delivery estimate. Today I was told that it will be built in November and delivered to Winnipeg Canada in Jan or Feb. With everything else being back ordered these days I thought the March delivery would be pushed to late spring.
The dealer will have an order sheet, telling you exactly when its scheduled, including build week, and the date range it lands in Halifax, expected delivery date in Winnipeg etc. No reason why they can’t print a copy off, as they did for me. My experience was that the dates were spot on, and compared to some companies, they’re less affected by parts shortages than, say VW. I believe my car came over on the MV Aniara from Zeebrugge, if you want to track yours when the time comes.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Ultimate, Sage Green
231 Posts
I guess this is good news. I'll get it 2-3 months earlier.
Canadian cars are built in Ghent. As Australian cars are built in Luqiao, the factory or parts suppliers there may be under lockdown. I can only speak to my experience taking delivery here earlier this year. Good luck with yours, I’m loving mine!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I placed my deposit with the dealer in April 2022, reconfirmed the order in July, and have an expected delivery in Maryland between mid-October and mid-November. According to a detailed printout from my dealer in late August, my Fjord Blue Ultimate Recharge was to be assembled in Ghent last week. I am very excited since I've wanted an XC40 for more than 3 years and had been planning to get an ICE via Overseas Delivery in the summer of 2020. In the meantime I have moved to a place with lots of Level 2 chargers and Volvo has come out with this stunning blue color. It's been a long wait.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Plus Sage Green
19 Posts
Those seem like long wait times. God bless you for being willing to wait for that long. When I purchased my XC40 6 months ago my dealer near Cleveland was receiving regular shipments of XC40 recharges and C40s, not sure if its still the case for 2023s, but you might be able to find a similar car on the lot or inbound if you check out a few high volume dealers (may not apply to everyone though). Also, one never knows what car might show up in terms of a declined special order if you get in contact with a good sales rep.

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
292 Posts
I placed my deposit with the dealer in April 2022, reconfirmed the order in July, and have an expected delivery in Maryland between mid-October and mid-November. According to a detailed printout from my dealer in late August, my Fjord Blue Ultimate Recharge was to be assembled in Ghent last week. I am very excited since I've wanted an XC40 for more than 3 years and had been planning to get an ICE via Overseas Delivery in the summer of 2020. In the meantime I have moved to a place with lots of Level 2 chargers and Volvo has come out with this stunning blue color. It's been a long wait.
You are very patient. I thought my 3 month wait in early '21 was long. Hang in there -- You'll love it (the car that is). We do!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My local dealer in Maryland is high volume, so I was able to test-drive the C40 Recharge last spring and compare the coupe to the SUV. AND I was able to see the new Fjord blue color on a pre-sold car on their lot. I am definitely willing to wait for the car I really want to complete my sequence of a red 144, a white V70XC, and now a blue XC40Recharge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts