Volvo XC40 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 83 Posts
Good for you. I so glad you like it. I ordered mine in Oct or Nov and was told it would be delivered in Feb. Still waiting. Perhaps Canada has better import regulations. What about the software issue? What did they say? I guess there is a later update for your vehicle but why don't they release all of them with that update to come?

I‘m pretty excited. Thanks for the info about the support section. We got a spec sheet from the dealer and it just had a little star noting some items were coming in the future with no indication of when. Nice to see some clarifications on that.
So any updates on when you will get your car? When did you make your deal? Was it for one that was already built and on route or a new order to the factory to get built? If it was at Port in late March it should have rec'd the update and been shipped to the dealer - since a couple of us in Ontario rec'd ours in the last two weeks.

So any updates on when you will get your car? When did you make your deal? Was it for one that was already built and on route or a new order to the factory to get built? If it was at Port in late March it should have rec'd the update and been shipped to the dealer - since a couple of us in Ontario rec'd ours in the last two weeks.
I feel like we got lucky. We have been planning an EV purchase for over a year, but only went to any dealers in late March. Made the deal for the Volvo within a few days of the test drive, and managed to scoop up a vehicle that was already in Halifax awaiting release from the port.

We were hoping to get it last week, as our dealer had indicated that it would be at their place early in the week. It did arrive at the dealer, but we needed a hitch for towing and apparently they were short a part so we had to wait a few days. Currently expecting to pick it up tomorrow afternoon, so fingers crossed there are no other delays.

I feel like we got lucky. We have been planning an EV purchase for over a year, but only went to any dealers in late March. Made the deal for the Volvo within a few days of the test drive, and managed to scoop up a vehicle that was already in Halifax awaiting release from the port.

We were hoping to get it last week, as our dealer had indicated that it would be at their place early in the week. It did arrive at the dealer, but we needed a hitch for towing and apparently they were short a part so we had to wait a few days. Currently expecting to pick it up tomorrow afternoon, so fingers crossed there are no other delays.
Alright - well have fun with it and let us know how it goes - also as we get more familiar with the cars lets share some tips and tricks or things we have learned since being new to EV will be an experience.

Alright - well have fun with it and let us know how it goes - also as we get more familiar with the cars lets share some tips and tricks or things we have learned since being new to EV will be an experience.
Definitely plan on sharing what I can. As you say, this is a new experience with lots of opportunity for sharing. My data nerd tendencies have me already researching how I can get all kinds of information out of the car.

Definitely plan on sharing what I can. As you say, this is a new experience with lots of opportunity for sharing. My data nerd tendencies have me already researching how I can get all kinds of information out of the car.
Sounds good - Looks like I could be a beneficiary of that nerdness since I have two left hands when it comes to that.

Reactions: goatsweater
Made a quick trip to the store, outside air temperature of 4 Celsius, car battery SOC of 88%:
"Hey Google , what's my remaining range?"
Google: "You have about 260 kilometers of range remaining..."
Well, good to know...
That Google is pretty Smart!!

Reactions: blitzswede
Made a quick trip to the store, outside air temperature of 4 Celsius, car battery SOC of 88%:
"Hey Google , what's my remaining range?"
Google: "You have about 260 kilometers of range remaining..."
Well, good to know...
How in the world do you put up with living in a police state?

They say "never forget"... yet all I see are videos of "papers please" with police checkpoints.

See what happens when you get rid of guns?

How in the world do you put up with living in a police state?

They say "never forget"... yet all I see are videos of "papers please" with police checkpoints.

See what happens when you get rid of guns?
Hey CarPhan - this is not a political forum - its about cars!

Got all excited to pick up the car this afternoon. Dealer called two hours before the pick up time telling us that something in the cameras is broken and they have to order a part. Pretty disappointed that we’ve already waited a week for one part (hitch) and they tell us this now.

Now I’m driving an XC60 for a week or so while I wait.

Since I was there I asked about the April software update. Sales guy didn’t know about it, but indicated this update would be OTA. Nice if that’s true, but we shall see.

Got all excited to pick up the car this afternoon. Dealer called two hours before the pick up time telling us that something in the cameras is broken and they have to order a part. Pretty disappointed that we’ve already waited a week for one part (hitch) and they tell us this now.

Since I was there I asked about the April software update. Sales guy didn’t know about it, but indicated this update would be OTA. Nice if that’s true, but we shall see.
Yes disappointing but you will enjoy it when you get it - hopefully the part is available in a local Volvo warehouse vs. having to come from across the pond!!
Regarding the update - likely will not be OTA for awhile - they are still working out the bugs on that - see attached Thread with Chris's answer:
In North America, SW to enable provisioning of the Volvo On Call app should be available at your Retailer next week (week of April 25).
The Volvo on call app will have limited functionality, including:a
Device management
Lock/unlock
Climate direct start
Battery State of Charge level

Later in the year, more functionality will be added to the Volvo on Call app:
Climate timers
Push notifications
Charging control
OTA status/control
Car locator
Journal log
(2) 2021 Xc40 Recharge Volvo on Call Install | Volvo XC40 Forum
The next update will be available week 17 (week of April 25). Yes, that switch allows OTA. However OTA is not yet released in North America as there have been network issues with high error rates during testing. Once those issues are resolved, OTA will be turned on for North America. I do not yet have a date for North American OTA release yet.
(1) XC40 P8 deliveries delayed? | Page 16 | Volvo XC40 Forum

Reactions: blitzswede
Discussion starter · #54 · (Edited)
Now on Volvo Cars Canada website:
Software updates | Volvo Support (volvocars.com)

Updates from and including April 2021.
  • Preheating of the battery when charging to 90% and 100%, gives improved range. No preheating when charging under 90%.
  • Profile handling and opportunity to select miles per hour unit for Care Key.
  • OTA (Over-the-Air) software updates: Fixed a bug in which notification of a completed update was not shown.
  • Vehicle status application: Fixed a bug in which information on the number of kilometers sometimes didn't show correct values.
  • Clock in vehicle: Bug fixed in which incorrect time was sometimes shown.
  • Profile settings:
    • Review of private settings in the startup guide.
  • Bluetooth-connected phone: Stability improvements for certain phone models.
  • Problem with wireless charging for iPhone 12 is fixed.
  • Improvements in AC performance at high temperatures.

Have you heard when they will get the part in for the camera and a potential delivery/pickup date?

Have you heard when they will get the part in for the camera and a potential delivery/pickup date?
Just picked it up this afternoon. We weren’t expecting it until Monday, but got a call asking if we could make it in for the last delivery of today. Super excited to play with it, but also we are in a snow storm so I pretty much parked it and ran inside. Charging light turned green though, so that’s promising.

Just picked it up this afternoon. We weren’t expecting it until Monday, but got a call asking if we could make it in for the last delivery of today. Super excited to play with it, but also we are in a snow storm so I pretty much parked it and ran inside. Charging light turned green though, so that’s promising.
Congrats - you will enjoy it - too bad about the snow - but at least at this time of year it will only last a day so you will be able to do some good driving later this weekend. Have fun.

Congrats - you will enjoy it - too bad about the snow - but at least at this time of year it will only last a day so you will be able to do some good driving later this weekend. Have fun.
Tomorrow should be nicer. We have plans to make the most of it for the weekend. This summer is going to be an exciting one!
Tomorrow is also when the exploration of all the menus and testing of features can start. We had an experience of dropping battery level pretty quick, but I guess doing a handover in a windy blizzard with the doors open and all the heated things blaring will do that :)

Tomorrow should be nicer. We have plans to make the most of it for the weekend. This summer is going to be an exciting one!
Tomorrow is also when the exploration of all the menus and testing of features can start. We had an experience of dropping battery level pretty quick, but I guess doing a handover in a windy blizzard with the doors open and all the heated things blaring will do that :)
Yes I would think so - what colour did you get? Post a pic when you have a chance.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.