Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Plus Sage Green
19 Posts
it been alittle over a year now have close to 20,000 mile on my xc40 recharge.

total miles from aug to aug 15,747 miles

total KWH from home charger (Chargepoint) 7609 @.10 per KWH total =760.00 for one year on driving

no real problem from the car other then i had a tail light fail and replaced .
Awesome! Did you have the first service performed - if my memory serves correctly its suggested at 19,000 miles

·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
575 Posts
it been alittle over a year now have close to 20,000 mile on my xc40 recharge.

total miles from aug to aug 15,747 miles

total KWH from home charger (Chargepoint) 7609 @.10 per KWH total =760.00 for one year on driving

no real problem from the car other then i had a tail light fail and replaced .
How much would the annual cost be, have you had a gasoline car? Did you do a cost benefit analysis in this regard? 🙂

·
Registered
199 Posts
Awesome! Did you have the first service performed - if my memory serves correctly its suggested at 19,000 miles
First recommended service is at 20,000 miles. Had mine done earlier this year (did 26,000 miles in a year of ownership) which consisted of the pollen filter charge, a few inspections, and a few recalls I think.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Glacier Silver
549 Posts
I rarely think how much the ownership cost me. Most important question for me is how much the car save me with current gas prices in British Columbia which went again above 2.10CAD per litter. 5 weeks gas will cost me approximately 1300 CAD. The payments on the car for the same period are approximately 800CAD. My hydro bill went 100 -130CAD more per month. Still less for what I would pay running ICE and that is without maintenance cost required for gasoline car or any auto loan payments, just the gas.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine barely costs me anything in electricity, despite my wife working ~25mi away (so >50 miles per day driven, and some days 70 if she has to take the longer-but-sometimes-faster route due to traffic). Our electric provider has TOU rates for only those with electric vehicles - and because we're very heavy users unfortunately anyway, due to non-TOU related reasons, we're able to save quite a bit on most of our electricity usage. Bills went up from like $90/month to $100/month (yes, like $10/month difference for 50 mi/day driven)... and gas bills on our prior vehicle were $15 to $20 per day (don't get very good mileage in traffic). $300/month savings, with the trade-in it covers the car payment itself!

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
292 Posts
Mine barely costs me anything in electricity, despite my wife working ~25mi away (so >50 miles per day driven, and some days 70 if she has to take the longer-but-sometimes-faster route due to traffic). Our electric provider has TOU rates for only those with electric vehicles - and because we're very heavy users unfortunately anyway, due to non-TOU related reasons, we're able to save quite a bit on most of our electricity usage. Bills went up from like $90/month to $100/month (yes, like $10/month difference for 50 mi/day driven)... and gas bills on our prior vehicle were $15 to $20 per day (don't get very good mileage in traffic). $300/month savings, with the trade-in it covers the car payment itself!
Yes, similar savings here -- but not as good as yours. Instead of paying avg. $200/month in gasoline, now paying less than $20/mo. extra in electricity (charge only overnight at super low rates).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts