Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, here starts the 3 year lease on an EV by Volvo. Wish me luck and good thoughts as well as experiences.
Well, the home EVSE is a little short though (with that thick heavy midsection)...hmmm....come on Volvo...aren't you a man's car? Lol

· Registered
'22 XC40 Recharge Ultimate
111 Posts
Yeah, here starts the 3 year lease on an EV by Volvo. Wish me luck and good thoughts as well as experiences.
Well, the home EVSE is a little short though (with that thick heavy midsection)...hmmm....come on Volvo...aren't you a man's car? Lol
I just started my first Volvo and first Electric Vehicle experience as well! I look forward to hearing about your experiences. While I've only had my XC40 for a few days now, I've had my 60 amp wall charger installed and ready to go since October. I haven't used the included 110/240V wall charger yet, but I can see how that big mid-section could present a fun little challenge. Here's a picture of where my electrician buddy and I installed my charger. Please ignore the mess. :)

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

· Registered
4,154 Posts
Envious of your home charging :) it would be nice to move to the next level of laziness and have margo charged at home but oh well.

It is not bad doing it out there in the public. And I have a feeling Margo likes charging in public :0

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Envious of your home charging :) it would be nice to move to the next level of laziness and have margo charged at home but oh well.

It is not bad doing it out there in the public. And I have a feeling Margo likes charging in public :0
I just started my first Volvo and first Electric Vehicle experience as well! I look forward to hearing about your experiences. While I've only had my XC40 for a few days now, I've had my 60 amp wall charger installed and ready to go since October. I haven't used the included 110/240V wall charger yet, but I can see how that big mid-section could present a fun little challenge. Here's a picture of where my electrician buddy and I installed my charger. Please ignore the mess. :)

View attachment 2249 View attachment 2249
Nah...60 amp EVSE in USA? Yeah, these charger ports on the car should be in the front??

· Registered
111 Posts
these charger ports on the car should be in the front??
I had a hard time deciding where to put the charger in my garage. What if I buy a different EV that has the charge port on the other side!?! What if I turn into my father and start reversing into the garage?!? My paranoia caused me to have the electrician add a few extra taps/drops so that I can easily move the charger. My wife is collecting evidence, like the picture I created below, to prove that I'm insane. 🤣
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a hard time deciding where to put the charger in my garage. What if I buy a different EV that has the charge port on the other side!?! What if I turn into my father and start reversing into the garage?!? My paranoia caused me to have the electrician add a few extra taps/drops so that I can easily move the charger. My wife is collecting evidence, like the picture I created below, to prove that I'm insane. 🤣
View attachment 2251
I got tired of backing up, mainly because of the multiple sensors and auto braking! I use an extension cord....no issues.

· Registered
111 Posts

I must say that I do really enjoy having the car warmed up, topped-off (at 90%) and ready to go at 7:30am. I'm pretty sure my wife would have forced me into a "crucial conversation" about finances and electric vehicles if I had asked her to sit around in below-freezing-weather while the car charged up. The heated steering wheel, and an already-warm drivers seat, has bought me a little more time... 🤣

I realize know that I haven't given a name to our new car... Margo is an excellent choice, well done!

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I must say that I do really enjoy having the car warmed up, topped-off (at 90%) and ready to go at 7:30am. I'm pretty sure my wife would have forced me into a "crucial conversation" about finances and electric vehicles if I had asked her to sit around in below-freezing-weather while the car charged up. The heated steering wheel, and an already-warm drivers seat, has bought me a little more time... 🤣

I realize know that I haven't given a name to our new car... Margo is an excellent choice, well done!
I just run the level 1 EVSE that came with the car along the garage wall and plug into the 15 amp 120 outlet, but it takes overnight to charge (8 pm to early AM...for about 20% top off). No level 2 yet unless the power company pays for most of the cost!

· Registered
4,154 Posts
Margo is from the magicians … it fits her attitude perfectly. :)

And yes the car should be named :)

Insanity …. If it does not involve duct tape and 25 extension cords it’s not insanity :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.