Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I occasionally get a message in the infotainment screen advising me to turn on "offline maps", along with directions on how to do so. The only problem is that the settings do not exist as described. I looked all around, but could not find the "Auto-download offline maps" setting anywhere. Does anybody know if it exists, or is this note just a place marker?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I occasionally get a message in the infotainment screen advising me to turn on "offline maps", along with directions on how to do so. The only problem is that the settings do not exist as described. I looked all around, but could not find the "Auto-download offline maps" setting anywhere. Does anybody know if it exists, or is this note just a place marker?
Make sure you're looking in the Google Maps Settings, not the Car settings. Open Google Maps, and tap the little gear icon down in the lower-left:

·
Registered
157 Posts
In the Google Maps Settings, you should see:

Pick Offline Maps, and you have controls to Auto-Download, and select your own offline maps:

(Sorry for the blurry phone shots - this car needs a "Save Screen Shot" shortcut!)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool. Thanks. The Google settings gear symbol in the lower left does not appear until the smaller Google help window is closed. I missed that at first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts