Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you seen the OEM sunshade online? Have you considered buying them?

Don’t.

Well, maybe that’s too much of a blanket opinion. The sun visor doesn’t fit snuggly and has gaps all around. Being OEM, I feel like the shield ought to fit like a pair of body hugging tights. Those Spanx just molding into all those really hot firm delicious curves. Instead, it’s more like giving yourself a muffin top by squeezing into a pair of tough Levi’s that are way too tight around the waist. My windshield is muffin toppin’ the sun shield.

Aside from the Autotech sun shade, does anyone have recommendation for sunshades that have a true fit to the Recharge?

Sigh. Maybe I just need to lower my standards.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Initially, I thought you were referring to the panaromic sunshade because I have it on order suppose to be available June 2022. But yes, I have the Volvo sunshade and you are right there are gaps. The gaps on mine are on both sides of the windshield.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
I see to remember that mine does well for gaps
But you have to push it up and reverse the Sun visors to hold it in place.

Alas as the IHU is sensitive to heat it does need to be used in the summer to stop it from loosing its little
Brain.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I see to remember that mine does well for gaps
But you have to push it up and reverse the Sun visors to hold it in place.

Alas as the IHU is sensitive to heat it does need to be used in the summer to stop it from loosing its little
Brain.
Sensitive to heat? Oh dear! We reach feel-like temps of mid 30s to 40s here in summer. And by reach I mean for months on end

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have you consider using Heather's Heatshield. I had one for my previous car and it is well built. I just ordered one for the C40. It was $45

·
Registered
329 Posts
I haven’t seen anyone use one of those since 1989….

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Sensitive to heat? Oh dear! We reach feel-like temps of mid 30s to 40s here in summer. And by reach I mean for months on end
My IHU was fine in 118f weather with the sunshade up. It’s the direct sunlight blasting on it makes it to a bit strange.

We forgot to put it up once and had one of our two tcam outages. While it cooled down.

The ac is routed though the IHU so using the ac as you drive keeps it happy as well.

This is based in last summer. The new code might of made it more heat tolerant?

·
Registered
22 C40 Thunder Grey on Fjord
196 Posts
I have these and they leave a tiny bit of a gap at the a-pillars, but I’m in Phoenix and they do great! They’re always there and easy to open and close

1 - 20 of 20 Posts