Volvo XC40 Forum banner

Not this $#!t again...(Propulsion System Service Urgent)

33K views 170 replies 32 participants last post by  Mooch 
…companies need to learn to not only stop updates when they break stuff but to offer folks the option to downgrade via ota (or service center) back to the stable version.This is not just a volvo problem.
Amen. Even after thrity years of loving my Macintosh, I wait about a month, sometimes two, before running OS updates. And I awlays clone the machine against disaster before doing so. Just smart computing. there really should be a way to revert the Volvo OS or to make a backup before updating. Backing up should be automatic and seamless, too. Watching the Volvo facebook sites, I get the disquieting impression very few Recharge owners have the slightest clue how the car works.

Apple exploits their extreme fans and developers community to extensively test updates and upgrades before general release, though they never get it correct the first time. Volvo has a user base several orders of magnitude smaller than Apple's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.