Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, i'm french (sorry for my english) and i don't find a solution on french forum or other support.
I would like know if somebody have an idea on my problem.
When i shut down my XC40 i have a metallic noise, same a fan touch something. sorry it's difficult for me to explain this noise.
I do a video, and you can hear this noise at 3sec to 6sec "glong glong"

somebody have an idea?
thanks for your return

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yep I hear it in my girl's car, but it is not as loud as yours. But, I didn't open the hood. I sounds more like a rubbing noise on her car for a couple seconds after car is shutdown.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly, just 2 or 3 seconds after shutdown.
rubbing noise same a fan on metallic part.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you have the automatic parking brake enabled? If so, it's probably the sound of the electric parking brake being applied.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it's not a sound of electric parking brake. I don't use the parking brake, only the button "P".
in the video you can hear the "Cling Cling Cling" on 2 or 3 second.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My 2019 XC 40 R-Design T5-AWD makes numerous noises after shut down. Even after 5 seconds I can hear some clicking from the body. I attributed it to some shutdown sequence which may include engaging locks, internal "parking" of a mechanical device, etc. I got used to it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's likely an electrically operated air dam of some kind. Often, cars will have plastic dams / flaps within the front grill that will open/close depending upon speed in order to either a) assist in warming the engine or b) increase fuel economy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I don't speak about the electric flap that you can hear on video. I speak about the "metallic Clang, Glang" at the end of the video. same a fan who touch something

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
Did you get to fix it? I'm really curious what was it. I don't believe it's normal...
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Intake valve making a metallic sound similar to metallic fan touching something (possibly metallic as well)? I don't think so to be honest..

·
Registered
1 Posts
My XC40 Recharge T5 plug-in hybrid makes a similar noise, but not just when turning off. It does it every few hours, for 2-20 minutes, including when turned off, locked, not charging, and no key is around.
They replaced the electric airco compressor, but that didn’t make any difference. Who knows what causes this?
Hear here

1 - 14 of 14 Posts