Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, i'm french (sorry for my english) and i don't find a solution on french forum or other support.
I would like know if somebody have an idea on my problem.
When i shut down my XC40 i have a metallic noise, same a fan touch something. sorry it's difficult for me to explain this noise.
I do a video, and you can hear this noise at 3sec to 6sec "glong glong"

somebody have an idea?
thanks for your return

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yep I hear it in my girl's car, but it is not as loud as yours. But, I didn't open the hood. I sounds more like a rubbing noise on her car for a couple seconds after car is shutdown.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly, just 2 or 3 seconds after shutdown.
rubbing noise same a fan on metallic part.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you have the automatic parking brake enabled? If so, it's probably the sound of the electric parking brake being applied.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it's not a sound of electric parking brake. I don't use the parking brake, only the button "P".
in the video you can hear the "Cling Cling Cling" on 2 or 3 second.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My 2019 XC 40 R-Design T5-AWD makes numerous noises after shut down. Even after 5 seconds I can hear some clicking from the body. I attributed it to some shutdown sequence which may include engaging locks, internal "parking" of a mechanical device, etc. I got used to it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's likely an electrically operated air dam of some kind. Often, cars will have plastic dams / flaps within the front grill that will open/close depending upon speed in order to either a) assist in warming the engine or b) increase fuel economy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I don't speak about the electric flap that you can hear on video. I speak about the "metallic Clang, Glang" at the end of the video. same a fan who touch something

1 - 9 of 9 Posts