Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s summer and super hot. Every time i start my car it defaults to 74 degrees with NO AC on. I called dealer about it and they made it seem like there was nothing that could be done. Any one have this issue ?

· Super Moderator
2019 T5 R-Design
319 Posts
Just realized you never got an answer. Hopefully by now you have figured this out but I’m posting a response for anyone whom it may help. I suspect you have your driver profile saved to your key, in which case it will return to your last saved HVAC settings every time you use that key with the car.

· Registered
1 Posts
Just realized you never got an answer. Hopefully by now you have figured this out but I’m posting a response for anyone whom it may help. I suspect you have your driver profile saved to your key, in which case it will return to your last saved HVAC settings every time you use that key with the car.
I have the same problem, but mine defaults to 78. How do I change what's in my driver's profile?

· Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,291 Posts
I have the same problem, but mine defaults to 78. How do I change what's in my driver's profile?
When you get into the car, does it show your initial up in the right hand corner of the screen, indicating that your are “logged into” the car? I assume you set up a profile. Once you have done that, you need to link your key to the profile…I think that’s in the settings - profile area…if you have your key with you, it will detect the key and say “key 1” or “key 2” and you then link it to your profile. Once you’ve done that, change your heat/AC settings to what you desire, then you can get out of the car and lock it and next time you access the car with that key it should remember you heat/AC settings, as well as the mirrors, seats, radio, etc. settings.

· Super Moderator
2019 T5 R-Design
319 Posts
If you have your key matched to a user profile, and have the profile locked, it will return to whatever settings you have last saved every time you start the car with that key. So you either have to adjust the settings where you want them and press the disk icon, or just unlock the profile and it will leave everything where you’ve last set it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.