Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
Such an amazing forum, really happy to find it :)
Little about me ;)
I am a Swedish guy living in Gothenburg (west coast of Sweden), Love Volvo, own a Volvo, ordered an XC40 Volvo(coming in April), and work in Volvo Cars. Working as solution architecture and system developer.
I really enjoy being with you guys and learning much about your experience with the car, I actually report some of them (we have Like an internal reporting tool inside the company).
I will continue to follow and learn about my new coming Volvo in April
happy Christmas and happy new year to all of you
/Haider

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hi Guys
Little about me ;)
I am a Swedish guy living in Gothenburg (west coast of Sweden), Love Volvo, own a Volvo, ordered an XC40 Volvo(coming in April), and work in Volvo Cars. Working as solution architecture and system developer.
I really enjoy being with you guys and learning much about your experience with the car, I actually report some of them (we have Like an internal reporting tool inside the company).
/Haider
Nice to see a Volvo person here - appreciate your efforts in passing on some of the issues actual users of the product experience in order to have them resolved as quickly as possible. Plus to get the focus on getting all the promised features available to us users as quickly as possible as well - Thanks so much.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Hi Guys
Little about me ;)
/Haider
Welcome. You get to be a member of both Volvo and a owner of the recharge :) an excellent combination.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
2019 T5 R-Design
300 Posts
Välkommen Haider! Thanks for introducing yourself and for your participation. I am the volunteer moderator of this forum and learning a lot as well. This is indeed a dynamic community and I'm glad you are learning from it, too. I love Sweden and Volvos, XC40 owner, and actually learned conversational Swedish as a teenager too. Visited Gothenburg once during a blizzard many years ago but because of the snow all the hotels were full and had to keep driving! Hope to get back to actually see more of it sometime. Keep us posted on your XC40 arrival. God Jul! /Jezza

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
388 Posts
Welcome and hello from Downunder. We love Volvos (have had many) and visited Sweden once with the Volvo Club of America when a number of people (including my parents) did Tourist Delivery of new Volvos. We enjoyed our touring around Sweden in the then-new 2007 V50 T5. My parents now have an XC40 T5 R-design and an XC60 T8 (in the USA) and we have the XC40 Recharge Twin and loving it. Look forward to seeing some pics of your car when it arrives.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Välkommen Haider! Thanks for introducing yourself and for your participation. I am the volunteer moderator of this forum and learning a lot as well. This is indeed a dynamic community and I'm glad you are learning from it, too. I love Sweden and Volvos, XC40 owner, and actually learned conversational Swedish as a teenager too. Visited Gothenburg once during a blizzard many years ago but because of the snow all the hotels were full and had to keep driving! Hope to get back to actually see more of it sometime. Keep us posted on your XC40 arrival. God Jul! /Jezza
Tack Jezza för finna ord :)
i will defiantly keep posting here specially when i get my new car. It will be a car that have some testing Components (it’s a company car we get it as an engineers to test the new technologies Before we make it available to all customers) So I am so excited to get the car ;)
God jul Jezza och Gott nytt år

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Tack Jezza för finna ord :)
i will defiantly keep posting here specially when i get my new car. It will be a car that have some testing Components (it’s a company car we get it as an engineers to test the new technologies Before we make it available to all customers) So I am so excited to get the car ;)
God jul Jezza och Gott nytt år
Are you allowed or encouraged to share the future?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome and hello from Downunder. We love Volvos (have had many) and visited Sweden once with the Volvo Club of America when a number of people (including my parents) did Tourist Delivery of new Volvos. We enjoyed our touring around Sweden in the then-new 2007 V50 T5. My parents now have an XC40 T5 R-design and an XC60 T8 (in the USA) and we have the XC40 Recharge Twin and love it. Look forward to seeing some pics of your car when it arrives.
Happy to find another Volvo fan family :)

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
No not really:(
because not all we working on will come out and even if it does maybe Not as soon as we wish.
Surprise is still a beautiful thing, isn't it? ;)
Depends on the surprise :p

But thanks for the reply. It is as I expected. Still glad you are here :) the chance of one way communication though not as good as two is still vastly better than none :)

Cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome. You get to be a member of both Volvo and a owner of the recharge :) an excellent combination.

Cheers
Welcome! Keep us updated on your experience as well as any issues/comments about the Recharge XC40 over time. A current concern for me is that I will experience snow and cold, plus traffic on highways, so please share any experience with such would be great to know at least for me...but since you are waiting until April (wow)....

·
Registered
13 Posts
How cool to have a Volvo person here! The only sadness that I had about getting my XC 40 was that I had to sell my V60. :-( I loved that car. But . . . alas I was not driving it as much as it needed (started working from home in 2020 and am now permanent) and the battery had to be trickle charged.

With gasoline often over $5 per gallon in California, I decided to "really" plug in the battery(ies) and get an EV. LOL! It was a no-brainer to choose a Volvo and the XC. I've had it for 9 days now and I'm loving it more and more each day. It matches my personality. My husband is jealous so now he is looking for an EV too and seriously eyeing the C40! LOL!

I'm pleased with this group as well; so far it is respectful and kind - as I expect Volvo owners to be. Thank you Jezza.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi Guys
Little about me ;)
/Haider
First off, welcome to our Forum. Your ideas and insights could be invaluable in helping Volvo build highly respected EVs. I want to take a moment to suggest an idea.

We know Volvo is planning to build many more EVs over the next several years. These vehicles will all be highly dependent on software and the software will constantly need updating as the EV functionality evolves.

For several years I directed a team of software quality control engineers, and we knew how software can have bugs. Our test scripts were only as good as our experiences with how the products are used. To bridge the gap in knowledge we recruited a small team of beta testers with valuable user experience. Since our products were in the hospital industry, reliability and safety were critical. The process we developed met our goals.

This Forum has several knowledgeable owners who might be prime candidates for field testers during the beta testing phase preceding full release of new software. Just a thought. ;)

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Well, have Volvo send out a survey and possibly recruit some owners to participate with pay.
Pay not needed :)

Often a product will have expert users who get to test beta builds. They get to have some input in the future product and they get to help the product be all it can be. Pay is not part of the equation.

People like helping things they are passionate about. How many hours have we spent here trying to help each other. Documenting problems. Thinking of the future. Would be lovely to be actually heard by Volvo.

Reactions: BuzzyBud

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi Guys
Little about me ;)
/Haider
Welcome to the forum!

Can you offer some guidance about best practices for reporting problems to Volvo? Is there ANY channel for feedback? I must say, it feels like Volvo is deaf to what's happening with this car in the field and seems content to keep it that way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi guys, sorry for the late answer I was busy this week. Anyway:
. BuszzyBud, you are totally right, software bugs are just a pain in the Neck, and we have much of it today especially with many changes Volvo doing in the last couple of years. As maybe you know the most software we use today is in-house Written just to make it as much as possible compatible with each other. And yes we have a big Fleet of testing cars in Different cities (mostly in Gothenburg, my car is one of them :)) and for sure I "will" report all the issues I read it here in the forum
. I am here just a member in the forum (If you accept me :)) and not presenting Volvo in any way, and my working area is not that close to what I read here, but as I said I will use our internal report tool to get all the isues i read it here :), as soon as h get my XC40
. ColoradoNative, I don't know how it's work in the states, but here we use Volvo Cars app or use VOC in the car to contact Volvo, anyway I will check and back to you if thats what you want :)

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
. BuszzyBud, you are totally right, software bugs are just a pain in the Neck, and we have much of it today especially with many changes Volvo doing in the last couple of years. As maybe you know the most software we use today is in-house Written just to make it as much as possible compatible with each other. And yes we have a big Fleet of testing cars in Different cities (mostly in Gothenburg, my car is one of them :)) and for sure I "will" report all the issues I read it here in the forum
. I am here just a member in the forum (If you accept me :)) and not presenting Volvo in any way, and my working area is not that close to what I read here, but as I said I will use our internal report tool to get all the isues i read it here :), as soon as h get my XC40
. ColoradoNative, I don't know how it's work in the states, but here we use Volvo Cars app or use VOC in the car to contact Volvo, anyway I will check and back to you if thats what you want :)
Of course we want :)

Glad to have you here.

Cheers

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thank you for your comments and I am confident we will all learn from each other as enthusiastic Volvo owners.

I am in the process of purchasing a 2022 C40 Blue/Blue which has been built and is in transit to the east coast of the USA. I want to take an opportunity to praise the concierge team within the Volvo Customer Care group. They are superb! I am new to Volvo as a future C40 owner and was drawn to the brand based on the online ordering system. In the US we have seen many dealer shenanigans as their inventories dwindle and their profits are negatively impacted. The online ordering process was a breath of fresh air.

I do hope Volvo will reach out to C40 owners to learn their insights regarding this new approach for selling Volvos. In many ways the concierge team carried the ball for 20% of the total distance. Unfortunately, the dealer network will take over for the next 80% and that may cause a drop off in sales. In many ways, I see Volvo as a person with one foot on land and one in the boat with their current online process.

Sorry for sharing another idea, but my growing passion for owning a Volvo got the better of me.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks for the response. I appreciate your willingness to convey issues discussed here to the powers-that-be inside Volvo.

FWIW, I'm hoping to find an official mechanism for reporting issues. Just knowing that my problem has been documented by Volvo would be a good start.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts