Volvo XC40 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Volvo XC40 Recharge
18 Posts
Today, when I got into my xc40 P8, I realized that there is no GPS signal, no car modem internet, no wifi. Rebooted the system couple of times. No luck. Powered off the vehicle. No change. Reset all networks. Didn't help. Call my dealership. They told me to come in right away. They could not connect to the car. They did a factory reset. Still did not help. Tomorrow they will contact Volvo Canada for a solution. Will keep you updated...
US P8 owner - good luck. We have had major wifi connection issues at home (no wifi recognition). Dealer checked wifi out and said it was working fine. Contacted customer service and had no further update. System may prefer a Google wifi router or wifi card in vehicle has problem recognizing non-Google wifi routers. Overall, extremely poor customer support on this new vehicle in the Volvo family. Lifetime Volvo owner - very disappointed. However, the car is great!

·
Registered
188 Posts
90 degrees F today in southern Ontario - took the car for a drive to Niagara falls - about 30 mile round trip 5 minutes in A/C set at 64 degrees F and just blowing warm air - do not have heat pump option - Climate set to Auto - shows A/C is on - any thoughts on what could be wrong? Car was sweltering half way through - had to ride with the windows open the rest of the way - felts like we were back in the 50's when A/C was only for the rich and famous!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
90 degrees F today in southern Ontario - took the car for a drive to Niagara falls - about 30 mile round trip 5 minutes in A/C set at 64 degrees F and just blowing warm air - do not have heat pump option - Climate set to Auto - shows A/C is on - any thoughts on what could be wrong? Car was sweltering half way through - had to ride with the windows open the rest of the way - felts like we were back in the 50's when A/C was only for the rich and famous!!
There is a service bulletin floating around for the AC system being overcharged with refrigerant which causes the AC to stop working in high temps. Solution is to evacuate and recharge the refrigerant to the right capacity. Not sure if it was specific to the Recharge or the ICE models but your dealer would be able to look up. It is Service Action S10011 if you want to look it up on the NHTSA site.

·
Registered
188 Posts
There is a service bulletin floating around for the AC system being overcharged with refrigerant which causes the AC to stop working in high temps. Solution is to evacuate and recharge the refrigerant to the right capacity. Not sure if it was specific to the Recharge or the ICE models but your dealer would be able to look up. It is Service Action S10011 if you want to look it up on the NHTSA site.
Thanks - I will check it out.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo XC40 Recharge
18 Posts
Call your dealer. Our AC works well.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo XC40 Recharge
18 Posts
Call your dealer. Our AC works well.
Our 5/7?delivery was delayed for a software update that occurred at the port of entry (New Jersey). Final updates were performed by dealer on 5/6. You may need that update, AC function was part of it. We do have a heat pump and our AC works well.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Our 5/7?delivery was delayed for a software update that occurred at the port of entry (New Jersey). Final updates were performed by dealer on 5/6. You may need that update, AC function was part of it. We do have a heat pump and our AC works well.
Thanks - going to the dealer on the 25th for the latest update so hope it cures the issue.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Did America get this update? As car is in getting her window maybe I can get the update if there is one.
latest update was made available on April 26 - so if you have not had it in to the dealer since then it has not been installed - so be sure to ask for them to check and do a software download so you have the latest,

·
Registered
142 Posts
latest update was made available on April 26 - so if you have not had it in to the dealer since then it has not been installed - so be sure to ask for them to check and do a software download so you have the latest,
I'm curious what your build/patch versions are? Here's what I currently have on my US vehicle:
(EDIT: Settings -> System -> About)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yesterday went for a short drive - and noticed that in the drivers display the map view was frozen at our home address and neighbourhood view no matter where i drove - have not had that before - even toggling thru the different driver display views did not un-freeze the map view - will check to see if it fixed itself today - if not may have to do a reset that I have read about in the forum.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo XC40 Recharge
18 Posts
Yesterday went for a short drive - and noticed that in the drivers display the map view was frozen at our home address and neighbourhood view no matter where i drove - have not had that before - even toggling thru the different driver display views did not un-freeze the map view - will check to see if it fixed itself today - if not may have to do a reset that I have read about in the forum.
Buggy Navi View! Took car to dealer on Tuesday to fix loss of Navi View. Did a software reload to make it right. I had to reload apps (PIA!). This morning on departure from home saw that Nav View was gone again from driver display.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts