Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered R-Design in mid May. So far... 3 delays on estimated delivery dates. Is anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the order. And yes there are widespread delays for the XC40, because Volvo is dealing with a huge backlog of orders. I believe since September they have received something like 80,000.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Pretty crazy. I have heard that Volvo has 80,000 orders, this includes China too. Nice problem for a car company to have. No way to verify it that I know of how many apply to the vehicles made in Belgium specifically. I have also heard that someting like 5,000 were imported and held up because all the paperwork was not resolved, also not sure how to verify that officialy and what % of US orders could be filled. When I ordered 'mine' in April the dealer said probable delivery in June or July. A later call to Volvo corporate said September. Next I reveived an email from Volvo indicating delivery 'late in the first quarter of 2019'. Lastly I received an email saying delivery estimated for late October 2018. Which is better as I suspect I would not wait into 2019, there are other SUVs that interest me.

Totally my opinion, if the 5,000 are already shipped and there is a configuration that matches an order that person could get one much more quickly. But I have watched and not a lot of people are posting here that they have received their car. My local dealer has exactly two and they are not for sale, they are demos. Each week a couple XC40s arrive and they were sold before they arrive. Crazy business. Nice car but this is a lot of effort in a very competitive group of cars. Wonder what the factory production rate is, anyone know? I Did find this report on the internet and it seems credible: https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/volvo-increasing-xc40-production-expanding-compact-car-family/

Welcome to the family :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ordered R-Design in mid May. So far... 3 delays on estimated delivery dates. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I stopped by my local Volvo dealership this past Saturday to check out the XC40s on the lot and there were none. Sales lady said they don't get many and the ones they do are sold before they arrive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
lurking for a while, Yakkers, I ordered a custom xc40 r-design in white on april 7th. Was just allocated a build slot on friday. No set date yet, but estimated for end of sep, and hopefully taking delivery end of oct, early November

·
Registered
13 Posts
We got lucky, went to browse on 03/24/18. Dealer had 3 on lot we were looking at several brands, after test drive we bought the one off the show room did not know how short supply they were. Ours has has several issues but that will happen, the dealer has worked with us and to do it over I would purchase again the technology in the volvo is amazing, everyday I find a new item that I did not know it had, I could go on to hours about it. To those that are waiting I don't think you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After 3 delays - FINALLY got word that my order for the XC40 R-Design was complete and at the Port Facility for shipping last week. Anticipated delivery is Nov 5th. I CAN'T WAIT🤣!!!! I realize the date can be fluid so I am tacking on 10 extra days.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I picked up my XC40 on May 23 this year. It is an Osmium Grey Metallic Momentum with Blond Leather / Charcoal interior. The engine is a T5 with AWD. I also ordered the 20" 5 spoke Black Diamond Cut Alloy wheels. I added Polestar to the car two weeks later. The service manager at the dealership talked me into it and I couldn't be more pleased. From a performance perspective it's like a different car. If you are unaware of Polestar, talk to your dealer. I should mention my dealer because they are what we all wish car dealers would be. So hats off to Lovering Volvo of Meredith, New Hampshire. I ordered all packages except the package that had heated seats and heated steering wheel. The paint sealant should not be overlooked. I had it done through the dealer and believe me the car always looks great. After 2 long trips back and fourth I have 5600 enjoyable miles on the odometer. I mention enjoyable not just because it's fun to drive but that Harmon Kardon sound system is nothing but pleasurable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts