Volvo XC40 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for your reply. Winter tires are a MUST in Ontario: would never drive without them. My current ones are Michelin X-ice and I will be getting the same for my XC40.

As an update to my original thread subject: me having to wait 18 months for my XC40 in Ottawa.... I decided to phone Volvo Canada and ask why there is such a big difference from Canadians in BC only waiting 2-6 months. They are going to look into this for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, I just created an account to add another data point from Canada.

Went to the dealer yesterday (in Quebec)... was told 1 year for the plus trim and 2 years(!) for the core trim. Didn't ask about the ultimate because it doesn't get the 5k$ federal rebate.

Really disappointed in such a difference, my guess is maybe they tried to discourage me from ordering the core since they admitted they hardly make any profit on this model. I just can't bring myself to pay 9000$ more for a sunroof and suede seats, even if I have to wait a year more. Especially hearing you guys in BC are just waiting 6 months.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Sorry to hear about that but it does sound like blackmail. But don't Quebec residents also qualify for a provincial rebate of $8000. That could almost pay for the difference in the core vs the plus.

And I'm still waiting to hear from Volvo Canada about why I have to wait 18 months for my Core (with Climate option) XC40 when like you say, the folks in BC are only waiting up to 6 months.

Did you decide to put a down payment on one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to hear about that but it does sound like blackmail. But don't Quebec residents also qualify for a provincial rebate of $8000. That could almost pay for the difference in the core vs the plus.

And I'm still waiting to hear from Volvo Canada about why I have to wait 18 months for my Core (with Climate option) XC40 when like you say, the folks in BC are only waiting up to 6 months.

Did you decide to put a down payment on one?
Yes we do get a provincial rebate, but they changed it down to 7000$ instead of 8000$. Can't complain there, but the difference between the plus and the core is still the same since they both qualify for rebates. I'll probably put the down payment on the core with climate option like you and hope it gets there in a reasonable time haha.

How Volvo allocate cars according to country/province/dealers is a total mystery, even for the dealers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I would love to have any kind of rebate from the Ontario Gov't but when Doug Ford became premiere the first time, he scrapped them.

So Ontario only qualifies for the $5000 Federal rebate.

Let's see who gets their core (with climate package) first: you or me.

Good luck.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts