Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all, Just put down my deposit 4 days ago (June 13, 2022) for an XC40 and was told that my wait time will be 18 months. Yes, 18 months.

Just wondering if others have been told this and if so, has the actual delivery date been speeded up at all?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I placed my deposit at the end of March and delivery was at the end of May. I wonder what happened between then and now for you to be told 18 months!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm in Victoria, BC and ordered one yesterday. The rep at the local Volvo dealership said he thought I would get it by the end of the year. Now that I think about it, he didn't actually say which year he was referring to.

·
Registered
15 Posts
HI all, Just put down my deposit 4 days ago (June 13, 2022) for an XC40 and was told that my wait time will be 18 months. Yes, 18 months.

Just wondering if others have been told this and if so, has the actual delivery date been speeded up at all?
I'm in Victoria, BC and ordered a XC40 Recharge (Fjord Blue) yesterday. The rep at the local Volvo dealership said he thought I would get it by the end of the year. Hmmm. Now that I think about it, he didn't actually say which year he was referring to.

I ordered the Core trim with the Climate Pack. Bummer there will be no adaptive cruise, but for that I'd need the $13k Ultimate Pack and thereby forego the $5k federal rebate.

·
Registered
2023 Volvo XC 40 Recharge on order
8 Posts
I'm in Victoria, BC and ordered a XC40 Recharge (Fjord Blue) yesterday. The rep at the local Volvo dealership said he thought I would get it by the end of the year. Hmmm. Now that I think about it, he didn't actually say which year he was referring to.

I ordered the Core trim with the Climate Pack. Bummer there will be no adaptive cruise, but for that I'd need the $13k Ultimate Pack and thereby forego the $5k federal rebate.

I recently posted a question asking if the Core trim includes a moonroof. As yet no answers. The Volvo rep said yes, but would it not open, unlike those that come with the two higher trims. I forgot to ask if it had a retractable cover.
I’m in Vancouver and ordered the XC40 Recharge Core with the climate pack as well. I was told to expect delivery in September or October this year. I was told it does not have a sun or moon roof. The Panoramic roof is only available with the Plus and the Ultimate. FYI the Plus is eligible for the federal rebate of $5k.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m in Vancouver and ordered the XC40 Recharge Core with the climate pack as well. I was told to expect delivery in September or October this year. I was told it does not have a sun or moon roof. The Panoramic roof is only available with the Plus and the Ultimate. FYI the Plus is eligible for the federal rebate of $5k.
A rep at the local Volvo dealership in Victoria told me that Core+Climate Pack is the most popular trim they sell. The problem is there is not enough value in Plus trim for its price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m not surprised. I didn’t really want to spend another $10k for a sunroof and powered passenger seat. I expect the seat upholstery will be fine but I haven’t actually seen the materials in person. The other things in the package are just dressing.
If the Ultimate was eligible for the federal rebate I likely would have gone for it. Along with the above extras you get adaptive cruise and the HK sound.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A rep at the local Volvo dealership in Victoria told me that Core+Climate Pack is the most popular trim they sell. The problem is there is not enough value in Plus trim for its price.
What is the Climate package. I've just ordered the core plus $900 to get it in silver and $1500 for a battery heat pump.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oops; just called my dealer: it appears that the Electric Heat pump I paid $1500 extra for is part of the Climate package that includes a few other things.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
woo hoo... always like to hear about bonus stuff.

I still can't get my head around this 18 month waiting time though considering some of the other posts people saying only a few months when they paid their deposits earlier this year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
woo hoo... always like to hear about bonus stuff.

I still can't get my head around this 18 month waiting time though considering some of the other posts people saying only a few months when they paid their deposits earlier this year.
I just ordered mine 2 weeks ago and was told it would be delivered in September or October this year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It gets better and better: thanks for the info....

Side question: do people in Victoria even buy winter tires?

The dealer has a package here for $3500 + tax but I can get them cheap elsewhere.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Ultimate, Sage Green
120 Posts
It gets better and better: thanks for the info....

Side question: do people in Victoria even buy winter tires?

The dealer has a package here for $3500 + tax but I can get them cheap elsewhere.
The OEM Pirelli tires are M+S four season rated but do not have the snowflake symbol. If you plan on going up Island in the winter, you may want to put something aside for a winter tire set. I’m still on the fence as we’re close enough to shopping to walk if things get messy out, and like my car enough to not want to hurt it! There are lot of hills where we live and sliding down a slope into a curb with 20” rims is not something I want to do. Been there done that with the Land Rover. As far as tires go, they aren’t all created equal. EV rated will help efficiency, but they cost more. You may want to ask them what the $3500 set buys you - I’m guessing $2000 for staggered 19” Michelin Cross Climate 2s and $1500 in rims.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts