Volvo XC40 Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Both are useful. The large map on center console shows real-time traffic. The map in the instrument cluster does not (or at least I haven't figured out how).
I show traffic in instrument cluster map which will show amber roads ahead for slow traffic.

·
Registered
'21 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
1,104 Posts
It does show traffic.
I think you're right - but in my case, I use the center console display to check the upcoming traffic beyond the small (speed-dependent) area shown in the instrument cluster. And then decide whether or not to avoid it.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I think you're right - but in my case, I use the center console display to check the upcoming traffic beyond the small (speed-dependent) area shown in the instrument cluster. And then decide whether or not to avoid it.
Actually I can't remember EVER seeing traffic info in the instrument cluster map. Tested this today -
  • Center console map, YES: all major roads show either green, orange, or red.
  • Instrument cluster map, NO: no traffic shown at all, even on roads where traffic status is clearly shown on big map.
Is there a separate traffic setting for the instrument cluster map somewhere, that I missed?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Was a destination set on the map? Mine seems to show traffic on the instrument cluster only when I have a destination set and the traffic color is close enough... On the center display it always shows traffic condition.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Was a destination set on the map? Mine seems to show traffic on the instrument cluster only when I have a destination set and the traffic color is close enough... On the center display it always shows traffic condition.
Ah - makes sense. I very rarely set a destination and actually "navigate". I mostly just glance at the traffic data and manually avoid red lines.

Reactions: 340driver

·
Registered
246 Posts
Same behaviour in our car, if a destination is set than the instrument cluster display shows traffic, if there is no destination set than the the instrument cluster just shows the map.

·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
245 Posts
I'm curious, do you all actually view maps on the center screen?? I use it only to set destination, switch to Spotify and then use the maps on driver console. So Music on main/center screen and maps on driver console. Why have 2 screens showing same maps?!
Yes I do on my C40. I toggle back and forth between the driver display and the google maps. I usually keep the AppleCarPlay music window or my SiriusXM window on. When my daughter is with me, she loves Sirius, so it’s nice to be able to toggle back and forth between both music stations! I am loving the new tech. Feels like I don’t need my cell phone anymore. The google AAOS built in integration while needing updates still has a rich set of features! 🤙✔

41 - 50 of 50 Posts