Volvo XC40 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
As far as two screens showing the same maps, I leave the larger center console showing a much broader area; for example, all the way to the destination. The driver console usually only shows the next one or two turns; that is, the most immediate concerns.

·
Registered
White P8 aka ORKA * OTA V2.0 * MFD 1/21 * 20" ride.
989 Posts
Does Google App(s) update automatically, or do you have to go into HU Setting to upload manually ?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Does Google App(s) update automatically, or do you have to go into HU Setting to upload manually ?
I went into google play store where it is setup for auto update and found google maps and you tube app both ready for download, so don't count on it being auto all the time.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge
347 Posts
I can’t get the Sat View. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, no dice. What is the Maps version you all have that show the maps? My version is 11.13.154.E

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Ultimate, Sage Green
183 Posts
I'm curious, do you all actually view maps on the center screen?? I use it only to set destination, switch to Spotify and then use the maps on driver console. So Music on main/center screen and maps on driver console. Why have 2 screens showing same maps?!
So my co-driver can tell me where I’m going wrong!

·
Registered
826 Posts
I can’t get the Sat View. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, no dice. What is the Maps version you all have that show the maps? My version is 11.13.154.E
Open the map
Tap in the gear symbol - left lower corner.
Right underneath the option for traffic is the option to enable satellite view.
You’re on the up to date version.
Here a photo I took on my wife’s car.
Output device Map Gadget Communication Device Plant

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge
347 Posts
Tried that. No good. Can we confirm that this is the latest Google Maps software version?

Font Pattern Parallel Paper Document

·
Registered
'22 C40 Fjord Blue in & out
212 Posts
I manually updated my Maps app a few days ago when I read about it here, and like yours at first I still didn't have the option to turn on satellite view. I thought maybe it was related to my having opted into being a Maps beta tester, but my current software version is the same as what you posted above, and I don't know that beta versions are available on cars, maybe only on other devices. Anyway, later that day when I drove the car I saw that the satellite option had appeared. So maybe try checking it again after some time has passed, or try rebooting the head unit if you want.

·
Registered
White P8 aka ORKA * OTA V2.0 * MFD 1/21 * 20" ride.
989 Posts
I didn't know the Satellite version was available until now. Was out during lunch, and and indeed there was a toggle option for "Satellite" -- Google Map must have automatically updated itself before because I haven't look into manually updating anything on IHU the past year ! Got lucky there, whatever it did, the option was there, nice to have

·
Registered
98 Posts
I believe Google can activate features server side. So regardless of your app version, a specific function may or may not have been activated.

·
Registered
'21 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
1,104 Posts
Both are useful. The large map on center console shows real-time traffic. The map in the instrument cluster does not (or at least I haven't figured out how).

Reactions: Maribo

·
Registered
246 Posts
I normally don't use both the large map and instrument cluster map, but did some recent trips that needed navigation and I had both maps display. First time that I noticed that while both maps show alternate routes, only the large map show the additional delay for the alternate routes (at least I didn't notice the delay time displayed in the instrument cluster map), I found this useful when deciding whether or not to take an alternate route.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts