Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
I’ll try later, but given that Google Voice is quite limited, I doubt it. Yes, it would make sense that anything with a toggle on/off would be part of Google Voice. But that’s just not the way it is.

·
Registered
'21 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
1,104 Posts
The car cell service has a hard time keeping up with the updating the satellite map view while on the move.
Might want to reboot the IHU computer right after installing this maps update. I updated Google Maps, switched to the new satellite view, and immediately lots of things went flaky: couldn't play any music/media, rear/360 camera would cut out momentarily, turn-signal click sound EXTREMELY loud and coming only from the left speaker, etc. Seems like someone may have overflowed their buffer & de-stabilized the OS.

A quick reboot, and everything was again very stable - and now with cool satellite map view.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Didn’t experience lag or slowness.
Is there a way to have dark mode on at all times?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm curious, do you all actually view maps on the center screen?? I use it only to set destination, switch to Spotify and then use the maps on driver console. So Music on main/center screen and maps on driver console. Why have 2 screens showing same maps?!

·
Registered
249 Posts
So GA recognizes the command "turn on satellite view" (or just "turn on satellite"), but it responds with "satellite view currently isn't available" or something similar. So it knows the command, but it doesn't quite know how to execute it yet.
I’m not a programmer, but from a customer service perspective, and from a safety perspective, anything that can be toggled on/off should be immediately available with voice commands. If they are put on a to-do list, Google won’t get to it. Volvo needs someone cracking the whip on Google and it’s (in my opinion) barely beta AAOS.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I’m not a programmer, but from a customer service perspective, and from a safety perspective, anything that can be toggled on/off should be immediately available with voice commands. If they are put on a to-do list, Google won’t get to it. Volvo needs someone cracking the whip on Google and it’s (in my opinion) barely beta AAOS.
Don't agree that "anything" that can be toogled on/off should be available with a voice command, that opens the door to passengers being able to toggle on/off functions that should only be controlled by the driver, whether it's done as a "joke" or by accident.

Regarding cracking the whip on Google, I'm not sure who has more blame, Google if their AAOS has true shortcomings that are not being addressed, or the Volvo SW Development team for a lack of thorough verification and validation testing on their implementation and integration of AAOS. I'm leaning more towards the Volvo team, but not at all an easy task to engineer a whole new OS, UI, controls, etc. into a first generation EV. Most likely the SW team didn't have the necessary background/skillsets/manpower/etc for undertaking the task, and were signed up to an agressive schedule that management was not willing to move. This is a whole new paradigm for car companies, lessons learned for everyone (hopefully).

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm curious, do you all actually view maps on the center screen?? I use it only to set destination, switch to Spotify and then use the maps on driver console. So Music on main/center screen and maps on driver console. Why have 2 screens showing same maps?!
I happen to prefer north up for navigation, so I will have the maps app running most of the time even if I don’t have a destination set.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts