Volvo XC40 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

· Registered
2,537 Posts
Maybe supply chain issues are easing for them. I am curious when they will turn them on in the US. Expecting 2.2 soon, maybe Pixel will be enabled.

· Registered
2023 XC40 B5 Ultimate Thunder Grey
32 Posts
I ordered a XC40 B5 Ultimate 2 days ago and the dealer said verbally that it would have Pixel headlights. Dealers have printed info but aren't allowed to give customers a copy yet. Indicating things could change. I'm hoping it keeps the Pixels. This is such a weird time to buy a car.

· Registered
296 Posts
Interesting. My 2022 P8 non-pixel lights bend with the steering.
My non-Pixel lights on my 2021 P8 bend - personally, I’d rather have the bending lights - the lights work so well. Of course, I’ve never driven with Pixel lights and I’m sure they make a difference, but I’m not sure the difference would outweigh the bending lights.

· Registered
109 Posts
I ordered a XC40 B5 Ultimate 2 days ago and the dealer said verbally that it would have Pixel headlights. Dealers have printed info but aren't allowed to give customers a copy yet. Indicating things could change. I'm hoping it keeps the Pixels. This is such a weird time to buy a car.
It’s really poor that Volvo australia gives the specification information to the media but the dealers have a new spec sheet and wont share. The press release saying the ultimate spec on the ev will have pixel headlights was out on all major Australian car publications on the 7th of july. Why are Volvo au and its dealers giving out tidbits, as I have mentioned in other forums its very poor marketing and communication to your already $5k deposited customers. It leaves me confused and looking at the bmw x1i ev which is up for pre order and delivery early next year which seems to be when our my2023 Volvos will probably arrive :(

· Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,507 Posts
It’s really poor that Volvo australia gives the specification information to the media but the dealers have a new spec sheet and wont share. The press release saying the ultimate spec on the ev will have pixel headlights was out on all major Australian car publications on the 7th of july. Why are Volvo au and its dealers giving out tidbits, as I have mentioned in other forums its very poor marketing and communication to your already $5k deposited customers. It leaves me confused and looking at the bmw x1i ev which is up for pre order and delivery early next year which seems to be when our my2023 Volvos will probably arrive :(
You'd think the specifications would be up-to-date on the website...but maybe not. I think it currently just says LED headlights...not pixel. Hmm...

· Registered
11 Posts
You'd think the specifications would be up-to-date on the website...but maybe not. I think it currently just says LED headlights...not pixel. Hmm...
Yeah I am going with what is on the website rather than what may or may not be reported so not expecting my MY23 Ultimate to come with Pixel lights, which doesn't bother me really.

· Registered
19 Posts
I ordered an Ultimate yesterday. The option sheet showed Pixel headlights as a $350 upgrade available only for the Ultimate trim. When I asked about them being street-legal and/or activated at a later time, the dealer was basically clueless; hadn't heard anything about that. He did say that adding Pixel headlights has been the one thing significantly delaying orders due to the chip shortage. So I went without.

· Registered
2022 XC40 Ultimate, Sage Green
320 Posts
I wonder if that's an AUS thing. In the US market, the 2023 Pixel upgrade for the XC40 is the only way to get the bending lights. They don't come standard on the regular headlights anymore.
The bending lights on our cars are pivoting low beam clusters. I believe the new headlight unit is set up differently with a larger lower cluster with optional pixel matrix LEDs. However, I don’t know whether this unit does only high beams or a combination. There’s still an upper cluster, if you look at a 2022 XC and C40 side by side.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
68 Posts
The bending lights on our cars are pivoting low beam clusters. I believe the new headlight unit is set up differently with a larger lower cluster with optional pixel matrix LEDs. However, I don’t know whether this unit does only high beams or a combination. There’s still an upper cluster, if you look at a 2022 XC and C40 side by side.
Ugh -- I might be wrong. I just re-read the Volvo website and I realized it only mentions fog light cornering, even on the Pixel upgrade. Maybe the bending headlights are not a thing in the US anymore.

· Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
540 Posts

I believe Pixel head lites are also bending lights just watch this you tube video:

View attachment 4328

· Registered
97 Posts
Pixel lights were standard for the Intro Model of the C40 but earlier this year removed from the standard scope and specs for the Netherlands due to the international shortage of components.The list price was reduced by 1000 euro at the same time.

A little later pixel lights were re-introduced as an optional extra (at the same cost of 1000 euro) but with a specific statement that it would or could lead to a considerably longer lead time. This applied to both C and XC (facelift model) 40.

I ordered my C40 in May of this year with the optional pixel lights. The car has been made this week (I got a message on the Volvo app - nice!) but it is still ‘parked’ in Belgium and waiting for dispatch to the dealership. So I can’t yet confirm the pixel lights are actually present, but I guess they will be as the proforma invoice I received today also has them listed…….

They are also in the options list for my24 price, but now they cost an extra 1350 euro……..

41 - 60 of 66 Posts