Volvo XC40 Forum banner

My XC40 Recharge is replacing what?

11K views 59 replies 48 participants last post by  BikerBill 
#1 ·
Stole this thread idea from Polestar 2 forum.
For me, it's a 2011 BMW 328i, 6-speed manual. So for the first time in my 57-year driving history, I'll be without a vehicle with a manual transmission. Still in the garage is our 2007 Toyota 4Runner with 213,000 miles, our Colorado mountain car. Good for getting to our remote cabin at 11,400 feet.

#2 ·
Mine replaced a 2014 Range Rover Evoque. Extended warranty was over. Wanted to stay around the same size SUV and have all-wheel drive. Still got the 2007 Boxster S with manual transmission for the weekends.

#27 ·
We’re picking up my wife’s new XC40 Recharge later this week. It replaces her 2020 Tesla Model Y. It is a long story why. We’ve had EVs since 2012, and over 12 of them Tesla (EVERY model, including a 2010 Roadster). We’ve had 20+ EVs, i personally have owned 80+ different cars. I’m looking forward to our first Volvo, and sharing our thoughts!

#29 ·
Replacing a low mileage 2015 Mercedes C350 coupe. Sold it this weekend for 90% of what I paid for it back in 2018. Fun car but impractical with the two dogs we’ve raised since 2019. It’s technically a four seater but the back seats were not designed for adults that had legs, let alone large dogs.

i almost brought the dogs along for the test drive this weekend but I figured the Volvo dealership wouldn’t be keen on that.

#32 ·
My XC40 P8 is replacing a 2003 Subaru WRX Wagon that I purchased new in September of 2002. After almost 19 years it was hard to let go of.

Photo taken in 2005 after much modification.

Photo taken in 2006. The first ten years of this car's life saw it subjected to winters like this. In the end the rust came for it.

My Subaru was extremely reliable over the years. In the end it owed me nothing and I enjoyed driving it very much. I'm sad to see it go. I've only driven manual transmission vehicles for the past 22 years and I despise automatics so it was tough to let go. I'd rather be shifting gears, but the one pedal driving I find much preferable to traditional automatics.

This is the new XC40 P8. I would have kept my Subaru as a project car, but there was too much rust and I already have a project Datsun 510 that has been off the road for seven years as a garage ornament.

#33 ·
My XC40 P8 is replacing a 2003 Subaru WRX Wagon that I purchased new in September of 2002. After almost 19 years it was hard to let go of.

Photo taken in 2005 after much modification.

Photo taken in 2006. The first ten years of this car's life saw it subjected to winters like this. In the end the rust came for it.

My Subaru was extremely reliable over the years. In the end it owed me nothing and I enjoyed driving it very much. I'm sad to see it go. I've only driven manual transmission vehicles for the past 22 years and I despise automatics so it was tough to let go. I'd rather be shifting gears, but the one pedal driving I find much preferable to traditional automatics.

This is the new XC40 P8. I would have kept my Subaru as a project car, but there was too much rust and I already have a project Datsun 510 that has been off the road for seven years as a garage ornament.
Always hard to part with an old reliable friend - the P8 with the blue looks great - nice choice. BC winters are not too bad so this one should last your a long time too - the volvo comes standard with 12 year rust protection!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.