Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stole this thread idea from Polestar 2 forum.
For me, it's a 2011 BMW 328i, 6-speed manual. So for the first time in my 57-year driving history, I'll be without a vehicle with a manual transmission. Still in the garage is our 2007 Toyota 4Runner with 213,000 miles, our Colorado mountain car. Good for getting to our remote cabin at 11,400 feet.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mine replaced a 2014 Range Rover Evoque. Extended warranty was over. Wanted to stay around the same size SUV and have all-wheel drive. Still got the 2007 Boxster S with manual transmission for the weekends.

·
Registered
50 Posts
We replaced TWO cars with the Recharge. A 2014 Jaguar XJR LWB (550hp 5.0 Supercharged V8) and a 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB250. The jag was excellent fun and a bit rare, but we are super satisfied with this Volvo!

·
Registered
24 Posts
This was in another post, but to review:

LIKES VS TESLA

• Much better ride - Model Y needs a softer suspension or addition of adjustable air suspension.
  • Much quieter inside (Model Y was a lot of wind noise)
  • I prefer the smaller size of the XC40
  • I prefer the appearance of XC40, esp after I make a couple changes
  • Main info on screen behind steering wheel.
  • The steering wheel itself also, actually
  • Normal, usable door handles.
  • Easier HVAC controls
  • Much better AC
  • Traditional turn signal operation
  • Prefer having a real key vs phone and/or key cards

Of course, there are several things I prefer with the Y, super car acceleration being the most obvious, but I've been in Teslas for many years and was ready to try something else (had an X, 3 and Y).

·
Registered
46 Posts
I agree with Volvo over Tesla Y. I test drove the Y and was unimpressed to say the last about build quality and soundness. Tech and power was awesome but I like a quality interior and exterior.

·
Registered
392 Posts
This was in another post, but to review:

LIKES VS TESLA

• Much better ride - Model Y needs a softer suspension or addition of adjustable air suspension.
  • Much quieter inside (Model Y was a lot of wind noise)
  • I prefer the smaller size of the XC40
  • I prefer the appearance of XC40, esp after I make a couple changes
We're shopping the XC40 vs the Y as well. I have an early Model 3; the new Y seems pretty much the same as the 3 - a nervous ride with a somewhat cheap-looking, buzzy interior. BTW what changes did you make to your XC40's appearance?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts