Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 Recharge
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually have IHeartRadio on in the vehicle. When I get into the vehicle and start driving I ALWAYS have to hit the play button.

ALWAYS.

Thus occurs even when I have terrestrial radio on.

Is this the same for everyone?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I alway pause music before I back into my garage, so I don't know if it would play when I next entered the vehicle. I'm glad it doesn't. My ICE XC40 would do that, and sometime blast me back. I hated that.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I usually have IHeartRadio on in the vehicle. When I get into the vehicle and start driving I ALWAYS have to hit the play button.
ALWAYS.
Thus occurs even when I have terrestrial radio on.
Is this the same for everyone?
This was the case for us 3 months ago when we got our P8. Then about a month ago we went in and got the latest software update. Now if you were playing a podcast or music when you exit the car, it does indeed auto start/resume when you get back in. The software update seems to have changed this, FYI.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Yeah latest software update fixed that. Spotify and radio start as soon as far fires up. YouTube Music is still an issue and I often have to hit Play twice to get YTM

Reactions: Ces

·
Registered
113 Posts
I prefer that streaming does NOT resume. I appreciate not having the distraction when backing out of the garage or parking space. Such a minor thing to hit the play button when I'm settled in.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I did not get the update and yet I saw a similar change in behavoir. Now it sometimes auto starts other times I have to hit the button occasionally I have to start it on the iPhone. (The last is an apple issue as other blue tooth devices have the same problems).

Having to hit play does not cause any loss of enjoyment for me though …

·
Registered
428 Posts
I still have the original April software (March 18 kernel date) - and I recently noticed a change, at least in the Spotify app, likely from the app being updated via the Google Play store. Not only does it resume streaming the next time you drive - it does so even if I had previously hit Stop.

I'd prefer that it remember & resume the "last used state" - either playing or stopped.

·
Registered
205 Posts
For quite a while the music (bluetooth from my phone) started up automatically in the car when I entered, even if I wasn't playing the music app on the phone. Then that stopped and I had to start it manually whether I had previously stopped it using the car's button or the app button on the phone. Today for the first time, it wouldn't start even when I manually started the app on the phone and manually pushed the bluetooth media player tile on the car screen. I had to go to the pair device screen and tap on my phone's name, which of course had long ago been paired, and then the music suddenly started. Weird.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
141 Posts
For quite a while the music (bluetooth from my phone) started up automatically in the car when I entered, even if I wasn't playing the music app on the phone. Then that stopped and I had to start it manually whether I had previously stopped it using the car's button or the app button on the phone. Today for the first time, it wouldn't start even when I manually started the app on the phone and manually pushed the bluetooth media player tile on the car screen. I had to go to the pair device screen and tap on my phone's name, which of course had long ago been paired, and then the music suddenly started. Weird.
Yes it is weird and I also had to do the same about 2 hrs ago. This is the 1st time I've had to pair my iphone since it was originally paired with the vehicle. I got into my car and noticed right away the IHU showed no phone connected so I checked my iphone to ensure bluetooth was on and noticed that iphone was not connected.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts