Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
C40
31 Posts
I may be OCD but the color difference really bothers me. I like the OEM flaps and the darker color.
Totally fair - but I honestly feel the aftermarket rear match better. I’m sure after a summer of sun exposure they’ll all fade to the same color.

$10 vs $70 for a single pair - I’ll take the slight color difference.

·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40
3 Posts
We added mud flaps both front and rear and they look great. Installed by the dealer for about 350$. I’ve had them installed in all my cars.

It’s always raining somewhere here in FL.

·
Registered
C40
31 Posts
For those curious - install is three or four star screws that are already present in the fender well per mudflap. Incredibly quick and painless. My dealer wanted $125 to install per set (front and rear), probably similar to what @Rainman1132 paid over all.
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Wood Vehicle door

·
Registered
137 Posts
For those curious - install is three or four star screws that are already present in the fender well per mudflap. Incredibly quick and painless. My dealer wanted $125 to install per set (front and rear), probably similar to what @Rainman1132 paid over all.
View attachment 3618
I installed the front flaps using the hand tool I have and a star bit, but the tool won't be able to install the rear flaps without removing the wheels. I was planning on removing the wheels and install the rear flaps at some point, but perhaps I should see if I could find a small tool that would allow me to install the rear flaps without removing the wheels.

·
Registered
'22 C40 Fjord Blue in & out
121 Posts
I installed the front flaps using the hand tool I have and a star bit, but the tool won't be able to install the rear flaps without removing the wheels. I was planning on removing the wheels and install the rear flaps at some point, but perhaps I should see if I could find a small tool that would allow me to install the rear flaps without removing the wheels.
I installed my front and rear mudflaps without removing the wheels using a cheap low-profile ratchet driver I got on Amazon: MulWark 20pc 1/4 Ultra Low Profile Mini Ratchet Wrench Close Quarters Screwdriver Set with High Torque - Right Angle EDC Tool with 90 Degree Mini Offset
Reversible Drive Handle & Multi Hex Bits Set

1 - 17 of 17 Posts