Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
184DE896-2D2E-4E93-9DD9-5AB9F9944255.jpeg
Does anyone have any idea what my car is missing in this compartment under front passenger seat?
my car is 2019 XC40 momentum
Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I do have powered seats and it’s working perfectly.
That’s why I’m wondering what else could it be missing in that compartment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
But Thiha is asking about passenger seat, not the driver seat where - I assume - should be the drawer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe that the car only comes with one under seat tray, fitted to the drivers seat. The passenger seat does not come with one as standard. The Seats are generic for left or right hand drive so there will always be one without a tray.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The plug is for external powering of the seats in production/repair. The empty space above it is for housing the optional drawer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The plug is for external powering of the seats in production/repair. The empty space above it is for housing the optional drawer.
Is it possible to instal the drawer myself? I can't find it in accessories, it only exist as part of one of the optional packages (versatility I believe). I would love to buy it separately

·
Registered
8 Posts
I guess that would be no problem, however I never disassembled the front seats before. My best guess is that it would just slip in. Your Volvo car dealer can look that up for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey bud, it's better to contact the dealer of that car. I'm also thinking about what's missing in your seats. I look at mine and I know it would be different from yours.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all. I was on top of the XC40 when it was first announced and looking at past XC40 marketing videos, photos, etc. you can see two drawers shown, one under each seat. Unfortunately and probably due to some unforeseen design reason, Volvo no longer installs drawers underneath the passenger seat even though there is a spot for it - as the OP has found. If you attempt to "build" a new XC40 on Volvo's website, they explicitly say "under drivers seat" only in order to avoid future confusion from folks (like this post). I've been tempted to find the drawer part #, procuring one by itself, and try sliding it in. Perhaps, due to the heated seat and/or automatic adjustment functions a passenger seat drawer would be unable to slide in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts