Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Hope some can help - When I test drove the XC40 Recharge - The driver display showed the map in the driver display. However, when I got the software update the map is no longer showing on the driver display. Can anyone help direct me to the settings that shows the map on the drivers display? I looked at the manual and I didn't find it.

Thanks

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hi All,

Hope some can help - When I test drove the XC40 Recharge - The driver display showed the map in the driver display. However, when I got the software update the map is no longer showing on the driver display. Can anyone help direct me to the settings that shows the map on the drivers display? I looked at the manual and I didn't find it.

Thanks
The Menu button (#1 below) just to lower-right of the steering wheel toggles between display modes for the instrument panel:

There used to be 3 modes you could toggle between - but after the June software update, there are only two: Navigation (map) and Calm (blank).

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Cycle through the menu on the steering wheel button, it should toggle from the map to nothing. If you can;t see it then your IHU may be acting up. Hold the Home button about 20 seconds and the OS will reboot, see if that fixes it. If it fixes it and comes back your IHU may be failing. Before you do anything, take your phone and capture a video of you clicking the steering wheel menu button and nothing happening. I also found that switching profiles will trigger the maps to come back as well. They clearly have IHU issues. I had taken pictures of the blobs and video on nothing happening, and then when my maps did show there, they would lock up and not update. They replaced my IHU and since then all is good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your help. I thought I was missing something. Turn out that I needed to reset the OS as suggested by He Keith. Once it booted back up, it worked. I did take a video of the issue. It was blinking with some weird graphics. Anyway, thanks again.

Here is the video for anyone of what it looks like if others are experiencing this.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Yeah, mine cam back and failed days later with map on the display, but not updating. I would contact Volvo customer service log a complaint with that and ask them for the case number. Start documenting everything and if it fails again document it and then contact dealer and bring the videos. I have well documented issues and several pictures and videos from several failures. It also helped that when I complained enough to Volvo before going to dealer Volvo was in touch with dealer while they had the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts