I just noticed this recall for my car.
Check your VIN for recall at: Recalls | NHTSA

Sep 01,2021
Manufacturer Recall Number R10111
NHTSA Recall Number 21V682

Summary
Recall R10111: Seat Belt Retractor

Safety Risk
Volvo Car USA LLC and Volvo Car Canada LTD on behalf of Volvo Car Group, have decided to launch Recall R10111 on certain model year 2021-2022 XC40, XC60, S60, V60, V60CC, V90, V90CC and XC90 vehicles. Volvo Cars investigations have identified that there may be a risk that certain seat belts with the Automatic Locking Retractor (ALR) have not been produced according to specifications and may result in early deactivation of locking feature used to tightly secure a child restraint system/seat.

Remedy
To remedy the concerned vehicles, Volvo Cars needs to inspect and perform a functionality test. If necessary, the affected seat belts will be replaced with a seatbelt assembly that contains ALR levers that were manufactured according to production specifications.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I really should check that site more regularly. Despite us having the same car mine does not have a recall. Proves what we already knew that Volvo uses different parts per batches of cars.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
And good info. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
609 Posts
Just checked, and I have the same Seatbelt Recall
Thanks for sharing that link, good to check once in a while.
You would think you'd receive something in the mail with pending recalls ?
Just got a note from Subaru not long ago, went to Dealership, something to do with airbag - got a good wash and oil change out of it too.

Font Screenshot Number

·
Registered
2021 P8
18 Posts
Just checked, and I have the same Seatbelt Recall
Thanks for sharing that link, good to check once in a while.
You would think you'd receive something in the mail with pending recalls ?
Just got a note from Subaru not long ago, went to Dealership, something to do with airbag - got a good wash and oil change out of it too.

View attachment 1261
I recommend the SaferCar app from NHTSA. You get push notifications of recalls as soon as they are issued.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thank you so much for sharing this! Grateful that my P8 is not part of the recall, but I have a car seat installed so a bit of a panic for a moment.

Re: recall info for Volvo, they actually have some sort of setting where Volvo emails you regarding recalls for your model. I know because I accidentally unsubscribed yesterday haha I haven't sat down to resubscribe yet, but when I do I'll post a link in the forum

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mine went in for an airbag replacement today, was given this fix too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Finally got the car back. They "inspected" the seatbelt related to the recall and found it to be ok - otherwise, they would have replaced it.

Got the new driver's side airbag.

Still no software updates.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge P8 - Thunder Gray
24 Posts
I really should check that site more regularly. Despite us having the same car mine does not have a recall. Proves what we already knew that Volvo uses different parts per batches of cars.
(y) Thanks JT Rock, I checked mine and it does not have a recall:
2021Volvo XC40
undefined undefined undefined

Recall data refreshed on Sep 15,2021
0 Unrepaired Recalls associated with this VIN
What if my car isn't recalled now? Could it be recalled later?
Yes. Whether a manufacturer independently conducts a safety recall or NHTSA orders one, the manufacturer must file a public report describing the safety-related defect or noncompliance. Manufacturers are also required to notify owners by mail within 60 days of notifying NHTSA of a recall decision.
Safety Recall Notice
Look for this distinct label to distinguish critical safety recall information from other marketing material

1 - 12 of 12 Posts