Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When is the best time to receive maintenance on my vehicle? It's coming up to a year I've had my XC40, and I have 5,000 miles on it. Should I get it service now or wait until I've reached 10K miles?

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you are leasing, you never have to get service. Never. I only get an oil change every 25,000 miles. Yep... 25k. Oil changes are a colossal scam to get you into the "stealership." There is nothing in the lease agreement about when you have to get their rip off service.

I would never buy a car (rich people always suggest to me to lease liabilities) - so if you own your car, I do not have recommendations.

·
Registered
2020 T5 Momentum
35 Posts
I have to check but I think service is to be at one year or XX miles, which ever comes first? If so--one year makes sense for you because it's free for the first 36,000 miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to check but I think service is to be at one year or XX miles, which ever comes first? If so--one year makes sense for you because it's free for the first 36,000 miles.
Thanks, that's the thing, should I wait because the mileage is low ? would it be too soon to get maintenance?

·
Registered
65 Posts
On ours the services are included for 3 years or 36000 miles. Our service light came on at 9800 miles and 11 months into ownership.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts