Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
XC40 Recharge rides reaaaally solid and smooth but is a bit tall. There is a bunch of room in the wheel well that I wonder if anyone else was interested in lowering it. I'm thinking about 6 inches. Part of the problem is that there are a bunch of XC40 parts/accessories but its not clear if they all fit the recharge as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Reach out to Heico to see if they're doing anything for the Recharge. They have stuff for the ICE XC40 and the new Polestar 2 so my guess is that they will.

6" might be a bit much.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ground Clearance:
XC40 P8 Recharge = 6.9 inches
Polestar 2 (Based) = 5.9 inches
Polestar 2 (Perf Pkg w/OHLINS) = 5.7 inches

Based on this, I’d anticipate you would not want to lower the car more than ~1.5 inches. Any more than that would not only risk damage to the battery pack and underside of the car, but also might over articulate the control arms. I’m guessing you wont be able to dial back out all the negative camber from the car, either. I’d be curious to see if you could retrofit the OHLINS setup from the Polestar 2 onto the XC40, though, as that might provide you the height you want.

(Note that the XC40 is 4,740 LBS and the P2 is 4,680 LBS so they are close enough to allow for this, and do share the same platform). I’ve actually been considering a P2 for myself, to match my wife’s XC40 P8. If that happens, I’ll try to get some photos of both suspension setups. But, I doubt she’d let me lower her SUV anyhow haha

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hm... since battery pack is bottom side, if you reduce the height, the chance you hit something under can be increased.
I don't want to take that risk.
That was my main concern actually... I figured there had to be a reason why it is fairly high. welp guess I'll abandon this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts