Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased an XC40 a few months back...AWESOME VEHICLE. Turning heads wherever we go....Black with white interior...perfect.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I enthusiastically agree with your assessment of the car. After a few months of ownership I haven’t gotten a clear read on what “others” reaction to the car is. Clearly, everyone on this forum loves them- I realy don’t know what the avg persons reaction is when driving around town.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Purchased an XC40 a few months back...AWESOME VEHICLE. Turning heads wherever we go....Black with white interior...perfect.
Glad you are enjoying it. Just the other day, a repair man came to the house and asked if that was my carin the driveway. (White Inscription XC40 with blonde interior). When I said yes, he asked what was it and commented that it might be the coolest looking car he's ever seen. I saw him checking it out again on his way out. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Also glad you’re enjoying. I have a black R Design. I can remember one compliment from a stranger and I’ve gotten a couple compliments from passengers, but generally I’ve been a little surprised at how it seems to blend in to Chicago traffic. I don’t really catch people looking or saying anything as often as, say, my Mustang GT. But this is a Volvo and a totally different car, and attention isn’t why I bought it. (Although the car is certainly deserving of it). Other than the straight on back end view, which I think needs some work, I love its blend of modern and classic design which is very high quality. And I appreciate its more subtle beauty than the more in-your-face look that Range Rover is going for these days, for example. Those seem to be trying a little too hard. I would almost rather blend in a little and enjoy knowing I have a cooler car than I’m even broadcasting. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Also glad you’re enjoying. I have a black R Design. I can remember one compliment from a stranger and I’ve gotten a couple compliments from passengers, but generally I’ve been a little surprised at how it seems to blend in to Chicago traffic. I don’t really catch people looking or saying anything as often as, say, my Mustang GT. But this is a Volvo and a totally different car, and attention isn’t why I bought it. (Although the car is certainly deserving of it). Other than the straight on back end view, which I think needs some work, I love its blend of modern and classic design which is very high quality. And I appreciate its more subtle beauty than the more in-your-face look that Range Rover is going for these days, for example. Those seem to be trying a little too hard. I would almost rather blend in a little and enjoy knowing I have a cooler car than I’m even broadcasting. Just my 2 cents.
I agree with your characterization of both the car and the ownership experience- nicely said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts