Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just did a little test over the last week

park the car at the airport over 5 days i lost 4 percent batt in fall like temps in Cincinnati

about 30 at night 50's during the day Fahrenheit

so don't leave you car over the week with low state of charge with no chargers in site you might regret it .

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
1.7 is a bit random on its reporting of soc :(

To clarify was that 50f during the day or -50f?

·
Registered
2021 Volvo P8. MFD 1/21. 20" ride. OTA 11/02. White aka ORKA.
698 Posts
A friend has a Model S, and shared that it loses 1% a day in California weather, and that's after owning the car for 5 years. So yes, definitely something to keep in mind when left at Airport.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
225 Posts
A couple of occasions over the summer, my vehicle only lost 1% over the entire week (60-80°F in garage). I don't have any data for extreme temperatures yet. We know that the car will attempt protect the HV battery whenever needed (when too hot or cold). Therefore, the amount of vampire drain will depend on the environmental conditions that it is in.

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
181 Posts
A couple of occasions over the summer, my vehicle only lost 1% over the entire week (60-80°F in garage). I don't have any data for extreme temperatures yet. We know that the car will attempt protect the HV battery whenever needed (when too hot or cold). Therefore, the amount of vampire drain will depend on the environmental conditions that it is in.
Mine has been stored in garage a week now and has lost 0% -- according to the VC app.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Same. Due to medical issues mine had to be left fir over a week a couple of times and had zero loss.
This was before 1.7 though. I can park it for 45 mins and have it change soc +/- 0-4%

As it goes up and down I am assuming it is a bug.

·
Premium Member
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
267 Posts
I’m not so worried about the HV battery. Rather! I am concerned about how the 12V battery fairs during LT storage. If it goes flat it doesn’t matter what’s the SoC on the HV battery. VC’s LT storage support doesn’t mention the 12 battery at all.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I’m not so worried about the HV battery. Rather! I am concerned about how the 12V battery fairs during LT storage. If it goes flat it doesn’t matter what’s the SoC on the HV battery. VC’s LT storage support doesn’t mention the 12 battery at all.
And this is why I have a jumper box in my trunk :).
I would imagine the chance of the 12volt going dead is the same for the ev as for an ice no?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts