Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
XC40 P8 2021 - Sage Green
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Updates in software version 1.7
  • Software version information is now available.
    • Software version numbers will be shown in the centre display. Release notes related to the current and upcoming software updates will be available in the centre display and on the Volvo Cars Support website.
  • Adjusted sensitivity of Rear Automatic Braking (RAB) to reduce risk of activation in automatic car washes.
  • A snowflake icon will appear next to the battery level indication due to cold weather to inform if the usable battery capacity will be limited.
  • Introducing information about cold climate impact on battery range through startup message and notification in the driver display.
  • Fixed problem of Seat Belt Reminder notification in the driver display.
  • Introducing the Volvo Range app.
    • Estimated range indication, indications on improvements of range in comparison to driving behavior and estimation of consumption leading to speed, climate settings and so on.
  • Software update notifications will be available on the mobile app.
    • Notifications for an update that has been downloaded and is ready to install, installation started/in progress and result of installation.
  • Preheating of battery when the destination on Google Maps is set to a fast-charging station in order to improve charging performance.
  • Increased range due to improved battery energy utilization and improved regeneration performance.
  • Smarter pre-conditioning timers: The battery will be pre-conditioned prior to departure in order to increase range.
  • Increased battery operation temperature during driving and fast charging for increased range and charging speed.
  • Workshop wifi: Vehicle is able to connect via Wifi at supported Volvo workshops for service visits.
  • During charging, the charging view in the centre display will include the charging time needed to reach a destination if one has been set in Google Maps.
  • Tyre pressure monitoring system will show a calibration message after the completion of this update.
  • New rear window sun curtain controls in centre display.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I’m eagerly awaiting the update. I got the June update OTA, but never received the August update. Maybe I’ll get every other one :)

·
Registered
XC40 P8 2021 - Sage Green
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Range seems to be the word for this update. I did not notice anything with the August update but this one seems to bring more substance :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I’m eagerly awaiting the update. I got the June update OTA, but never received the August update. Maybe I’ll get every other one :)
Same here. Hope to get the update soon. This update include a lot of new features. 😄

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Thunder Grey
46 Posts
It's so bizarre to me that this software update page doesn't exist for the US Volvo site or it's been hidden somewhere.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
100 Posts
It's so bizarre to me that this software update page doesn't exist for the US Volvo site or it's been hidden somewhere.
We’re in Australia, but here’s how I found it - went into the user manual (I downloaded the app to my iPad) and when I open the manual, click on the 3 bars at top left of screen and it brings up main menu. Software updates link is near the bottom (as highlighted in pic here). It takes me to an external link - not sure where that is but maybe the US version doesn’t show that info.
Product Font Screenshot Electronic device Software

·
Registered
46 Posts
We’re in Australia, but here’s how I found it - went into the user manual (I downloaded the app to my iPad) and when I open the manual, click on the 3 bars at top left of screen and it brings up main menu. Software updates link is near the bottom (as highlighted in pic here). It takes me to an external link - not sure where that is but maybe the US version doesn’t show that info. View attachment 1356
Yeah, doing so in the US brings up the the Canadian site in the Volvo Manual app. I don't believe any "Software Updates" page exists on the Volvo USA site.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes- this link is for the Canadian page. I'm not saying we will not see this update in the US, just that this Software Updates page doesn't exist on the US Volvo web site.

Automotive lighting Audio equipment Font Automotive design Automotive exterior

Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’m taking mine in for the sticky parking brake issue tomorrow morning and will ask about this update.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts