Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never owned a Volvo, trading in our Mazda CX3.
We are looking at getting a new XC40 Inscription. White w/red leather interior.
What options should be skipped we are looking at getting all options (except Polestar for now)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Depending on your needs and wants, the seats have defined which color you can have. No changes there. 18" rims give a smoother ride than 19", which are bit more sporty. IMHO Inscription and sporty are ...mmmm... shall we say further apart than RDesign? Spoiler on an Inscription? Really? Exterior package? Personal taste - mud flaps, etc. look better than I expected - ka-ching, maybe. Even in sunny Florida, heated seats can be nice - ka-ching! Advanced package for sure - ka-ching! Parking Assist - maybe not so much. 4C suspension? Back to the sporty thing. Further, unless you're willing to wait for a '21, the odds of finding any '20 XC40 with 4C are limited. I asked about 4C for an RDesign and came up with a car in FL, Las Vegas, and San Diego. 4C? Pass.

Polestar... this, per their docs, is more about good mid-range torque, quicker throttle response - sporty and crisp. RDesign? **** yeah. Inscription? See above re: Inscription and sporty. You can always change your mind on this one.

Park Assist (please correct me on this) is more "the car twists the wheel, you do the shifting and braking" than push the button, wait a minute, and step out of the car, having done naught but watch the car do the work.

Your pick on paint, interior, wheels, go with seat and advanced. HTH :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a car on the dealers lot.
Spec​
2020 (2020), XC40 (536), XC40 T5 Inscription (53616430C139), Crystal White Pearl Metallic (70700), Oxide Red Leather Comfort Seat w/ Charcoal Interior (RD9000)
Packages/Options​
Premium Package (MCQW3), Premium Plus Package (MCQW4), Four-C Chassis (000533), 20" 5 Spoke Black Diamond Cut Alloy Wheel (000917), Protection Package

·
Registered
100 Posts
Congratulations.

And welcome to the fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts