Volvo XC40 Forum banner

Locking My XC40 Recharge with the button on the inside just

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  RG5626 
#1 ·
Just last month, we got an XC40 Recharge core trim. They stopped shipping at least the core trim models with the keyless access door handles (and won't even let me pay to upgrade it anymore). Every time I want to lock the car, I have to fumble for my keys or log into the app. When the door is open, the lock button does not work on the inside of the door panel. The keyless access wouldn't be as big of a deal if I didn't have to pull out my key or log into the app just to lock the car. Is there a setting or do I need to submit a ticket to Volvo to complain? Is this just something done for my "safety"?

#2 ·
Wow, that really stinks...in this day and age you would expect this car to have keyless entry. But yeah, I don't think you would be able to lock the doors from the inside button while the door is open, as that would risk locking the keys in the car, so yes, it's a safety feature. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.