Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XC40 T5 R-Design
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I'm sure many of you are aware, the 2022 version of the T4/5 XC40 is missing a few features found on previous model years (e.g., storage under driver seat, automatic rear seat folding, cooled glove box, locking glove box, etc.). One missing feature that I'm hoping I can actually do something about is the lack of a liner between the spare tire area and the cargo compartment for when you use the cargo divider.

I've found this liner for sale on ebay and elsewhere online (see here and here for examples). Is there anyone out there with a 2022 who has purchased one of these and can confirm that it will fit? Those of you with a pre-2022, do the items in the links above look correct? Also, are there are any particular OEM parts vendors that folks recommend for things like this?

Many thanks in advance for any replies!

I'm located in the US by the way.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 T5 R-Design
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting we just took delivery of our 22’ T5 XC40 and it does have this liner?
Hmm, that is interesting. I've read that other '22 owners have just the bare spare tire area when they use the divider. See this thread on Swedespeed for example.

Incidentally, the thread I just linked answered my question as the original poster was able to order the part directly from Volvo and it fit just fine in their 2022 T5. In fact, they went through their dealer and were able to have the part delivered for free as it is apparently covered under warranty.

So I guess I'll make this a PSA to all 2022 owners without a spare tire cover that you should contact your dealer about it. The part number is 32205430.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 T5 R-Design
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting we just took delivery of our 22’ T5 XC40 and it does have this liner?
Do you mind sharing what trim level and packages you have? I spoke a couple dealers today who both told me that the liner is part of a package, though neither could tell me which package. I've been comparing my window sticker to other 2022's and can't seem to spot the difference. I have a T5 R-Design with the Climate and Advanced Packages, plus the Protection Package Premier. None of those packages specifically mention the liner above the spare tire.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you mind sharing what trim level and packages you have? I spoke a couple dealers today who both told me that the liner is part of a package, though neither could tell me which package. I've been comparing my window sticker to other 2022's and can't seem to spot the difference. I have a T5 R-Design with the Climate and Advanced Packages, plus the Protection Package Premier. None of those packages specifically mention the liner above the spare tire.
Basically all the packages so not sure it helps. T5 inscription with climate, advanced, and protection packages. Also HK sound, power tailgate, polestar, park pilot and exterior styling kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts