Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went down to my car to take it for a car wash and to give ota a chance to happen as I got THE email.

Arriving at the condos garage I find the car sitting there lights on. Doors unlocked.

I am 100% sure I locked it (goooo ocd and locking it over and over a so walk away).

Keys were safe in my jacket pocket with nothing with enough force to push the unlock button. Also if I was in range to unlock it I would if heard the happy beep.

Has this happened to any of you? Found your car unlocked when you are sure you locked it?

Makes me wonder if voc had an error and accidentally sent the unlock command. But if it had it would if re locked itself after a short period of time as the doors were not opened.

Anyways thought I would share. On the good side (sarcasm) ota did not happen. How long do I have to drive around for ota to download?

Car does look nice and pretty with its tires all gelled and slick looking and the paint shiny :) so Margo is happy.

cheers

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
149 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way. If the lights were on when you got to it, then I presume that it unlocked shortly before you saw it.
Sure seems like it was probably the fob being trigger happy.

I've have accidentally unlocked my car several times in the past. But, not anymore since I've been using the small sport key without any buttons.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possible. Never happened before. Lots of thick concrete between me snd the car as I approach it until I open the door to the garage. I will test to see how far out it could be accidentally triggered.

I agree that lights on = recent unlock. Plus as I said without a physical opening it shuts off.

·
Registered
2021 XC40. P8 Fusion Red
83 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way. If the lights were on when you got to it, then I presume that it unlocked shortly before you saw it.
Sure seems like it was probably the fob being trigger happy.

I've have accidentally unlocked my car several times in the past. But, not anymore since I've been using the small sport key without any buttons.

No included with USA XC40 P8's. I had it on my 2020 XC60PHEV though and when I gave it back when returning the car their comment is "no one ever turns these back in."

·
Registered
35 Posts
No included with USA XC40 P8's. I had it on my 2020 XC60PHEV though and when I gave it back when returning the car their comment is "no one ever turns these back in."
I had one on our xc90t8. I used it exclusively until its battery died. My wife used the big key and my big key stayed in the garage clipped to the charging cable (along with my other car keys). Now the big question will be how to tell the 90 keys and the 40 keys apart.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
140 Posts
I had one on our xc90t8. I used it exclusively until its battery died. My wife used the big key and my big key stayed in the garage clipped to the charging cable (along with my other car keys). Now the big question will be how to tell the 90 keys and the 40 keys apart.
The XC90 had color coordinated leather cover and the XC40 recharge are black plastic..

·
Registered
155 Posts
I had someone stitch some leather cases for my keys. Makes it hard to accidentally hit the button and is just nice.

(have them in different color leather so we don’t accidentally take each other’s keys)
Brown Wood Watch Metal Everyday carry

Reactions: SeattleCat
1 - 8 of 8 Posts